is it still necessary for midlaners to start with boots and pots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Kid41 View Post
Well because that movement speed allows you to more safely engage and disengage with skillshots. And since you are zed you have no reason to buy mana regen soooo, why not? IMO movement speed is Zed's third most valued stat, after AD, and C/D red..

Oh I almost forgot to mention that Zed is one of the best champions at baiting in the game. In fact it is what he excels at most.
You just said in your post why he doesn't need boots + pots and you have no idea, doesn't need mana you say? EXACTLY! More wards and hp pots, every time Zed gets hit he can pop a pot without fear of running out, enemy will run out of pots and be forced to hug the turret, don't bother saying Zed will get ganked because both sides will be warded and he also has living shadow to escape a gank, Zed will have full hp while enemy is turret hugging and Zed will eventually tower dive for the easy kill.

Boots + pots in mid lane means he can't engage as often and has much less opportunity to get the kill, you get boots + pots you are on same level as the enemy, if you get 9 pots and a ward you will be ahead of your opponent.

It's rather simple really, a good player should know these things.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
Don't know if troll or just stupid.....

You build to counter the enemy, meaning boots + pots have NEVER been necessary, why would you get boots if your mid lane Zed fighting a non skill shot champ? Clearly proves my point boots are not necessary, your argument was never valid to begin with, please don't post anymore your embarrassing yourself.
xD My post used "need" in a different context. Because some ****hole came here making the mood tense.