is it still necessary for midlaners to start with boots and pots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-15-2013

I play ahri and thus far this has been the strongest arguement in favor of. Though I do just fine with a dorans ring especially if I have some weird rune page with no mana regen. And yes, this is literally the thing that inspired me to just start going with boots one day but that was season 2 when everyone was slower

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-15-2013

Eh... I think Boots 3 pots is an archaic starting build.

I would recommend Flask - Ward - Red pot to all mid laners nowadays...

In ranked gold, I keep seeing people start with Doran's Ring for some reason.

/shrug?

Technician Tim

02-15-2013

i think amp tome and a pot is a good choice, but i usually start pots and boots purely out of habit, that and it makes dodging shots easy

Vencu

02-15-2013

it's in no way the primo build anymore.

It's an outdated start at this point

TheCeeJay

02-15-2013

If I recall correctly they're changing Athene's so that Chalice requires 2 Faerie Charms, which you can get two of and a potion or 2 and be fine mid I imagine. This way you can spam your skills a bit more and with someone like Ahri who has a little bit of spell vamp anyways, that could help. Assuming you rush Athene's that is.

Martyrofsand

02-15-2013

If I am going against someone with a lot of skill shots, Cassiopeia/Lux/Ahri/etc I start boots +3. If it's against someone like Ryze/Annie/Vlad/etc then it depends but often it's something along the lines of Flask+ward+pot.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCeeJay View Post
If I recall correctly they're changing Athene's so that Chalice requires 2 Faerie Charms, which you can get two of and a potion or 2 and be fine mid I imagine. This way you can spam your skills a bit more and with someone like Ahri who has a little bit of spell vamp anyways, that could help. Assuming you rush Athene's that is.
I rarely do.

But I did just find out that for a fairy charm to be worth the same as 2 mana pots you only have to hold it for 4.29 minutes and sell it

GlyphTsen

02-15-2013

I've actually been experimenting with getting the extra 50 gold in Utility and getting Crystline and a regen item of my choice (or pots and wards). Of course, for no-mana Mids or those I don't want to build the regen item into anything, I'd still go Boots and Pots (Boots and 5-pot [or some wards] is actually pretty darn nifty, so I'm still messing with that extra 50g in those cases).

I haven't really been missing the higher tier Offense masteries all that much so far.

EDIT: Also... adorable art is adorable.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
I haven't really been missing the higher tier Offense masteries all that much so far.

EDIT: Also... adorable art is adorable.
I start with 9% spellvamp on ahri sometimes. Its funny as hell watching them try to trade with me.

Also the artpiece is half the reason I felt like making this thread. CF needs more ahri.

every forum needs more ahri...................

no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner

Soferir

02-15-2013

On topic, boots are practically required against champs with many skillshots, like the fast lil' foxy herself.

Off topic, It should be a requirement that all threads have a minimum of 1 Ahri picture.