New champions relation to new players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivenously

02-15-2013

Everyone loves new champions. It's something obviously new, and exciting to learn and explore. However, there are some possible downsides to this, which could eventually cause a collapse in the game.
Let me start of by saying something that is common knowledge: League of Legends has extremely high skill cap compared to the average game. The skill cap is so high, due to the high number of skills you need to be proficient in. Skills such as Last hitting, teamwork, map awareness, itemization, mouse dexterity, key-bindings, team composition, team-fighting, and lastly champion knowledge. The last item mentioned has the biggest relation to your skill in the game. The more you know about each champion, the better you are at the game. You know each champion limit, and how said champion compares to another champion. You know which champion would win in a duel, and which wouldn't. To learn the limits of a single champion would take a great deal of time; Weeks to months. Now take into account that every 3-4 weeks, a new champion is coming out. Everytime that happens, a player must learn how this champion compares to the other 100 champions. So everytime a new champ comes out, a player has an exponential amount of information to learn.
Now imagine a beginning player. How long does it take him to learn the basic mechanics of the game? Assuming Level 30 is about an average player, it takes about 6 months- 1 year of playing to become average. (By the way, the average fresh level 30 in probably in the bottom 35% of players, maybe lower). During that year, about 12-15 new champions come out. To reach the top 30% of players, he has an exponential growing task ahead of him. He must master all the champions that are out now, in addition t o the ones that are going to come out. T
I know i have not put out the best explanation of the problem, because all in all, i don't give too much of a **** to type a 3 page essay that is going to get downvoted into oblivion or not even read. Hopefully, this sums it up.
tl;dr: League of Legends will die with-in the next 6 months to a year. This will be because of a lack of new players. New players will find the game to be too old, and older players will have a severe advantage over newers players. The amount of knowledge a new player will have to learn is overwhelming, and is exponential growing with the release of each new champion. Players who do decide to join, will have a difficult time acquiring all champions unless the spend loads of money. New players have a extreme learning disadvantage, while old players have an extreme learning advantage.

Kyuss

02-15-2013

ur tl;dr was 2 long sry didnt read

Troy242621

02-15-2013

I see what you're saying, but I believe the extent of your point is being vastly exaggerated.

Vencu

02-15-2013

disagree, another person just saying this game will die because too much to learn

You don't ahve to aquire all champions, anyone who thinks they do is wrong

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-15-2013

So complicated games just die? I wonder why 30 MILLION people would just quit that fast. Better nerf irelia?

Not all of play to be... the very best... the best there ever was...

To buy champs is certainly not my test... training with them though is a good cause

EL OH EL

Vencu

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealboxofdoom View Post
better nerf irelia?
ಠ_ಠ

only if ahri gets nerfed too, that way it will be fair!

Soferir

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
ಠ_ಠ

only if ahri gets nerfed too, that way it will be fair!
If they nerf Ahri.... Well turn on the news the day after, there will be something about an Ahri fanatic destroying Riot's headquarters, and Cereal will magically vanish from the forums.