Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anialator100

02-15-2013

I know about the post explaining login queue and why they are so long sometimes, but i have a serious question that was not answered.

why does the queue say over 9000 people in line, and drop at rates anywhere from 0 to 15 people per second, but once it reaches the very low numbers(usually around 100 or less for me) it stops dropping relativity suddenly, and then goes down usually at a rate of 1 per minute(with some random increases) if there are really 9000 people infront of me when i start, and it drops so rapidly up until a very low number, why would it take so long at the very low numbers. why is the rate at say 400-500 people about 10 per second, but at 100 it drops off to next to nothing on average. are more than 10 people who have been waiting for 30+ minutes in positions 100-400 really leaving per second, and why does it just kind of stop at a random specific point and then not continue at the rate it was before, or even at a greatly reduced rate. when im in position 1-10, the rate is consistent with the explanation given, but why is it so fast at positions around 100-500. that doesent make sense.

Anialator100

02-15-2013

i would like to know. the rates are incredibly sporadic at best at the lower amounts, and the sudden jump from a decent rate to no rate at all is unrealistic, and im talking about the real world here so something is up, something i don't know.

namora

02-15-2013

I understand that to get in, someone has to get out. But I can't explain what the queue is doing or why, because it's not the right "fit" or "size" for the PBE.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Cheiron

Huntsman

02-15-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Additionally, you may have noticed that the timer on the login queue is not accurate. This is because the timer is designed for predicting how long the wait would be on a live server which is significantly larger. It is not tuned to reflect the wait on the PBE which exhibits different login behaviour.

Anialator100

02-15-2013

Quote:
Cheironn:

the behavior isnt even normal. why does an average of over 10 people per second leave queue or get in above the 100 slot leave, weather you are 200 or 8000, but at 50, that number averages 2-3 per minute.

Geminus

02-15-2013

I agree, there are major issues and frustrations with the way the login/queue is designed and implemented on PBE. And it's been either a queue or down all day. Or I log in, play a game and get booted.