Garen Nerf...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwesomeGuy09

02-16-2013

REALLY....
that has got to be the biggest possible nerf ever.
first you nerfed his E by putting a freaken 20% slow while going through minions,
it takes a eternity for his passive to come back.
now you nerf his W.
THANKS RIOT YOU KILLED GAREN GG
say good bye to his ealry mid and late game gg

OE KingOfWolves

02-16-2013

Hes more often then not a monster, causing massive amounts of tower hugging against most tops. He eats almost every non number one picks alive. Be thankful that they ignored his unbelievable sustain and his CC alone.

Garen is supposed to be low effort, decent return. Not low effort, nearly broken return. If its an over-nerf they will adjust it back.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-16-2013

How long have you been gone, they did that forever ago in exchange for buffing his endgame

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OE KingOfWolves View Post
Hes more often then not a monster, causing massive amounts of tower hugging against most tops. He eats almost every non number one picks alive. Be thankful that they ignored his unbelievable sustain and his CC alone.

Garen is supposed to be low effort, decent return. Not low effort, nearly broken return. If its an over-nerf they will adjust it back.
monster???

Garen is just your typical melee champ. He runs fast and tries to keep you in melee range. He has no offensive steroids. He just tries to sustain. He has no efficient farming skills to speak of. You probably wont kill him earlygame but who cares? If you've been trying to kill your opponent just to be doing it then youre doing it wrong.

Troy242621

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
monster???

Garen is just your typical melee champ. He runs fast and tries to keep you in melee range. He has no offensive steroids. He just tries to sustain. He has no efficient farming skills to speak of. You probably wont kill him earlygame but who cares? If you've been trying to kill your opponent just to be doing it then youre doing it wrong.
I disagree, had a Garen on my team and he still hits hard and has massive sustain. Seems viable enough.

AwesomeGuy09

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
How long have you been gone, they did that forever ago in exchange for buffing his endgame
He loses like 20 armor and magic resist early game

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
I disagree, had a Garen on my team and he still hits hard and has massive sustain. Seems viable enough.
who said he wasnt viable? He just isnt the hardhitting killing machine people make him out to be. If you don't play smart because you confuse doing the "normal thing" with doing the "smart thing" you will lose to garen?

Wriggles on talon? welcome to toplane
jungler ignoring toplane because garen isnt a high priority gank target for maokai? welcome to toplane
sustain strategy pissing you off? welcome to toplane
irelia just got ganked by your whole team and still killed you somehow? honeybadger don't give a ****, welcome to toplane

Toplane is full of bull**** and garen has his own bag of tricks. Its nothing too special. If you arent hitting him he's healing, if he's hitting you he's attempting to win a battle of attrition. Don't let him trick you into thinking taking a huge chunk of his hp in exchange for just a small chunk of yours means youre winning. He can recover his damage and come back at you on equal grounds ready to go all out, you can't afford that. This is why he can beat darius but isnt too good against other sustain champs or champs that dont have to trade with melee champs that have no gapclosers. Such champs were and still are popular which is partly why garen is not in high level play.

Meritone

02-16-2013

If garen is so overpowered, explain why he is rarely if ever used in the pro level.

I enjoy playing garen, because I can be strong in lane and carry my presence into mid game. He has downsides, like his horrible late game, even after the "buff."

phantom1516

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Loss with garen. Assume hes under powered and blamed riot. This is the thinking process of an idiot