Is ryze balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KidNickaroo

Recruiter

02-16-2013

Called overpowered everytime I play him. But he has short ranges, doesn't get tanky till late game, items cost alot, needs farm to do good, gets pushed out of lane way, people just think he's op because of his burst but they don't understand he has cons as well.

KidNickaroo

Recruiter

02-16-2013

Bump

Hitmanb0b

02-16-2013

He is not op, he's like most champs. Played right, he kicks ass. Countered right and he sinks.

XxXFrostQueenXxX

02-16-2013

idk you have a mage that has all target select skills(no skill shots)

all of his skills reduce his spells cd, Ap and mana make him do more dmg

a lockdown skill, a reduce magic res skill, a ulti that gives him spell vamp and turns all skill into aoes

along with making him run faster. gets free cdr from his q

can build pure tank and do more dmg than some other mages i think he is fine

but then again im in love with cass so who is this op ryze you speak of O.o

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-16-2013

not op just simple

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Here's the thing about Ryze.

He's strong, he's tanky, he's easy to use, he's faceroll and he has good health sustain and good DPS.

BUT

He is short range, he has no HARD CC (a root is not hard CC, it won't stop a kat ult) and he doesn't have the best burst.

He is scary as hell during a gank. because he has a point and click snare which gives the jungler enough time to put his CC on you for a long chain.
And late game he is able to build tanky because all he needs is mana.
But he is very easy to counter in lane.
anyone with range can easily shut him down without consistent jungle pressure.
Champs like Cass, Anivia, Brand, Ziggs, Orianna, Xerath and anyone else who can zone him out is capable of completely shutting down not only his CS but also his killing, making him a glorified weak tank late game.

Overall he's balanced, but you need to counter him. You won't beat him with a Fizz, Vlad or Katarina.

Xela Syab

02-16-2013

Ryze is one of the those champions that cause problems like Singed, they both are tanky as hell deal a huge amount of damage and have some utility that makes them fit in a ton of team compositions. I'd say he's balanced because even a slight nerf would put him into the trash can and a buff would put him way overline. Most mages are pretty balanced since they can have a binary tweaking with their damage, pretty much the only mage I'd consider OP is Brand, he got some really undeserved buffs in s3.