Ezreal Combo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torenthal

02-15-2013

Hey guys, I play ezreal quite alot, and I don't really have a great combo down yet. My combo at early levels kills them about 70% of the time, but it's not the best in my opinion. So what do you pro ezreal players out there do?

Here's what I do currently:

Arcane Shift (toward them) > Ignite > Q > W > Ultimate

---

Also, if any of you guys are really really good at Ezreal, I want to learn how to steal Baron/Dragon with my ult. I just need to know the approximate health the dragon/baron have.

---

Last question, I'm level 26, getting close to level 30... about time for me to start playing something besides Ashe and Ezreal. I need like two champions for each role (Support, AP, Tank, Assassin) that I can get good at quick. I don't want to spend too much time learning how these champions play, but I think it would be useful once I get into ranked, and someone has already chosen the ADC.

Thanks!
Torenthal

-PS as always, if you want to play with a decent Ezreal just add me in game!

FlowyS

02-15-2013

Baron steal is all about luck honestly. Try your best to hit Baron when it is at 1k hp. It might help to be closer to it so you can add a Q (if your team starts at upper right). Baron steal is like 80% luck and 20% vague prediction. Vision also helps a lot, stuff like CV and wards make it easier for you to predict.

For your combo, it isn't always so smart to use Arcane Shift offensively because that means no going back! A safer combo and faster combo will be: Arcane Barrage from far away -> Arcane Shift in + Q + W + Ignite (if you hit your ult) or run away (if you miss ult). Use ult first to start a safer combo and faster combo.

Also, it might be useful trying out different builds. Ezreal is a pretty flexible champion when it comes to builds. The more knowledge you have, the better you can adapt!

Zinzon

02-15-2013

if you want to snipe baron be aware of the travel distance (use maths xD)

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

Your combo would only work in lane. Teamfights, you save your E for repositioning. Initiating with the Ult is sometimes the better choice too, esp if you know the enemy team is all in one small bush.

Baron stealing is a lot about luck, even if you have vision of it. You're competing with a lot of people for the last hit. The safest way is to last-hit with your Ultimate from afar. Start ulting when Baron is about 1k hp or so. If you plan on using your EQ combo, you need to have Flash Up to get back over the wall or you will die. Also, if you have the money, you can quickly invest in a Machette or even a Spirit Stone so that you do more damage... but only if you have money to toss around a little.

Generally, I find that the best champs for stealing baron are either specialized anticreep champs like Nunu and Cho with Smite as well, or AOE Champs like Fiddlesticks, Karthus etc who can simultaneously deal tonnes of damage to Baron and the enemy team. Send them in, pop Zhonyas and hope for the best. If they start focusing you, it means you're doing a higher proportion of damage to Baron. If they keep focusing Baron, you're free-whaling on them. If your team is also there for the cleanup, you've won.

Ebrithil Umaroth

02-15-2013

I know it's off topic, but the first game I ever played as Ez I did a Baron steal with his ult from across the map when we didn't have any wards on it. I just knew they were doing Baron, took a shot and got it. It was pretty awesome. We still lost, but the other team was in awe when a random Ez ult stole Baron.