Role Queuing: In depth analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LolliChang

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Odd argument, considering the enemy team is doing the exact same thing.
Countering it would be the best way to win.
I understand what u mean Rokaf, but if the opponent team is doing the same team, games have like a hidden premade agreement. What if u surprise them with ur strategy and win.

It would be a good thing to propose something, to show the opponent something they havent faced before, if u do that, two things could happen, either they just stick to the same old strategy, or they changed to try to face what u are proposing.

ASAP Burt

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolliChang View Post
It would be a good thing to propose something, to show the opponent something they havent faced before, if u do that, two things could happen, either they just stick to the same old strategy, or they changed to try to face what u are proposing.
I see what you're saying, Sometimes new strategies can catch you off guard, but if the enemy team didn't practice it prior to the match, chances are the team following the old strategy will win, because they've had hundreds of matches to practice it.

Miss Anne Faye

02-15-2013

Though I truly commend your effort, there like anything else lies a few flaws to the system.

The main flaw: At the moment, from my experience, a majority of ranked games follow the meta religiously and someone (70% probably more) of the time is forced into the support role and rarely because they wish to. (They pick it because someone has to do it)

-The que timers for those roles that players enjoy the most will become fairly absurd to a level that goes against the casual aspect of the game that some players enjoy. This may cause various "trolls" to decide they will que as a support just to get in a game quickly but pick what they want regardless.

sembik

02-16-2013

I want to play support, thats it.
I still have issues being able to be the role I want.
I would play a hell of a lot more if there was a que for this.

KnightxSScarlett

02-16-2013

You think queue times are long with the system implemented in place of the current one? Yet you suggest there be a separate queue? Do you see the consequences or are you just foolish?

workthecorners

02-16-2013

i dont think you realize how long the ques would become. currently EVERYONE is meshed into one pool and lower elos still take a minute or more and higher are 4 minutes at best. The ques in WOW are upwards of 20 minute waits but while you wait you have things to do in game.

If ques were split into 5 separate rolls your que wait time would be easily 20 minutes+ unless your playing support.

Due to this you will get the 12y/o's who want to play and que in as support and say im not supporting.(i know you already mentioned this but i dont think watching the champs people chose will stop a thing. Ive seen a really good support darius once)

Can you imagine waiting 20+minutes to play a game that might only last 20 minutes.

whosyouridiot

04-12-2013

what i dont think most of you are getting is the fact that they could make a seprate play list for people who want to do role queing, just like you have blind and draft. and yeah you could wait 20 minutes for a match, but its weird cause you could do other thing while your on the computer waiting for you match to start. even with the current que times being a minute i still go to google and surf the web. and you could que for a couple different role or all roles if you feel you could play all of the lanes just fine, not just one, you could que as jungle, adc, mid. and than it would look for a match it could put you in.

KnightxSScarlett

04-12-2013

Old news. Downvote and move along.