Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's the state of Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vex29trap3

02-15-2013

I've been hearing alot of players recently complaining that Rammus is overpowered, but I've also been hearing that he's kind of underpowered. I can understand that some players will think that he is a little underpowered, due to his slow jungling speed, and i can also understand that players say that he's overpowered because of how much damage he can do by building defensive (armour), and that his puncturing taunt's duration packs quite a punch.
In my opinion, I'd say he's maybe a little overpowered, that he can just build pure armour and have about 200 AD at the end of the game, and the duration on his taunt I think is a little too long. (Again, this is my opinion, I'm not complaining, so please don't leave replies saying that my opinion sucks).

67chrome

02-15-2013

He's pretty strong if he can get items - items that allow him to launch himself in the middle of a team under a tower and lock-down a priority target. Unfortunately for Rammus, he has some serious trouble getting said items. His jungle clear times are pretty slow and he's not the best lanner, and without an income he can evaporate pretty fast when he engages others in melee range or initiate fights. A wide range of bruisers and tanks are better at initiating fights and locking down priority targets as well. Despite his movement speed he's not hard to kite either, you can just run back and forth over a minion - making him less useful than a wide range of initiators with an actual gap-closer. His CC is single-target as well rather than area-of-effect, and as far as CC goes taunt's aren't great - you actually have to build some level of survivability for taunting things to be advantageous, and even then it's most optimal usage is for silencing a mage - which is generally only useful if you can pull it off before the fight even starts, witch is relatively hard to pull off when you have no gap closer.

If anything I'd say he's underpowered, if nothing else because so many champion can do his job better - unless that job is ninjaing capture points in Dominion and then baiting enemies into the turret.

AWildRaticate

02-15-2013

Rammus is pretty underpowered right now. You have to think, they nerfed him over and over in season 2, so he's balanced for that meta. They then nerfed resistances pretty hard across the board, and Rammus is made to just stack a lot of armor, which is now very cost ineffective, as well as easily countered. Him and Galio both got an extremely short end of the stick in S3.

DarkSideCreo

02-15-2013

He's rubbish. No reason to choose rammus over other cc jungle tanks, imo. He can do well if your laners setup ganks for you, but hey, who can't?

Oz SammyD X

02-15-2013

Lmfao underpowered? Really? Noobs....

Easily one of the tankiest champs in the game, he dominates low divisions, fastest champion in the game considering his Q can get him across the map in just a few seconds, **** it I'm not gonna bother with you noobs.

He is a good champion, nuff said.

DarkSideCreo

02-15-2013

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:

Easily one of the tackiest champs in the game, he dominates low divisions, fastest champion in the game considering his Q can get him across the map in just a few seconds, **** it I'm not gonna bother with you noobs.

erm, I don't see a lot of jungle games in your history, not sure where you coming from in terms of your experience. I personally haven't seen him dominate anything in the past few months. And any time i've seen rammus play, he gets rolled.

He's so easy to shut down its not even funny. All you have to do is go to his jungle when he's at his red and kill him there. If he's not there (cause he's so damn slow) and you have a fast jungler, just take his jungle and set him behind. He can't sneak past the wards (and there are a lot of wards in current meta, cause of sightstone and overall gold income increase). If he catches someone, yeah he can taunt them and have his little knock up thingy, but overall he has harder time doing that, unless enemy laners are dumb.

Take maokai for example - his ganks are point-and-click. Sneak in, click - land snare, land Q for slow and knock up, throw sapling to where they will run, thats a ton of dmg and time for your laners to finish the job. And he has better team utility with his ult and saplings. And he jungles faster. And he has sustain. Thats why maokai is a better pick and higher tier.

Cho - another jungle tank. Amazing sustain, free hp, strong ganks, ton of cc and utility, fast clears etc.

And list goes on.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-15-2013

I mained Rammus in S1 and S2, but S3 has seen his weakest iteration yet.

Let's hope for some buffs in the future.

I Land Hooks

Recruiter

02-15-2013

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:

Easily one of the tackiest champs in the game, he dominates low divisions, fastest champion in the game considering his Q can get him across the map in just a few seconds, **** it I'm not gonna bother with you noobs.

What? Are you really THAT arrogant, that you ignore the fact that there's champions 10x better than him? His jungle is equivalent to Amumu's jungle phase, but worse. You can easily counter jungle him. Rammus is one of the few champions that does not have his own lane that he can control, so that's why he's in the jungle. What happens if Rammus can't execute a gank properly, or gets counter jungled? He falls behind, thus resulting in a very squishy Rammus. The fact that you need a huge start as Rammus is a huge risk taker when playing him. Also, no one's going to run rammus (A single target holder pretty much), when there's champions such as Hecarim, that can be as fast as him, and do his job a lot better.

Oz SammyD X

02-15-2013

Not every champion is meant to be viable, there are those champs that a simple easy to use and learn which are good for low lvls and low Elo, basically what you guys are saying is to buff every non viable champion, that's just silly and clearly shows you guys no nothing about balance, Rammus does extremely well, knock up + taunt will almost certainly secure a kill or force the enemy to burn a spell like flash. He is a great champion for low level of play and that's it, he will never be buffed and if he does it will be very small just so he can fit in S3 a bit better.

You kids need to grow up and understand the fact that not every champion is supposed to be viable, there will always be a champion that does something better than someone else, always ....

DarkSideCreo

02-16-2013

Quote:
Oz SammyD X:
Not every champion is meant to be viable, there are those champs that a simple easy to use and learn which are good for low lvls and low Elo, basically what you guys are saying is to buff every non viable champion, that's just silly and clearly shows you guys no nothing about balance, Rammus does extremely well, knock up + taunt will almost certainly secure a kill or force the enemy to burn a spell like flash. He is a great champion for low level of play and that's it, he will never be buffed and if he does it will be very small just so he can fit in S3 a bit better.

You kids need to grow up and understand the fact that not every champion is supposed to be viable, there will always be a champion that does something better than someone else, always ....

lol, there's really no need to call everyone kids, it only shows who is the real kid here. adults do not need to assure everyone that they are in fact adults, only kids tend to do that.

i'm basically sharing my observation from my elo and normals environment. Rammus is not played because even in normals that I play in people counter rammus easily. I don't play blinds, so maybe thats why I don't see rammus doing extremely well. He's a low tier jungler, and thats it. He get slaughtered by counter jungling and invades, and he has harder time to recover. He got a little buff to his base armor, which helped him a bit, but he's still sub-par to tier 1 and 2 junglers. If riot wants to leave him in this state, I'm totally fine with it, I have plenty of choices to go with.