Tribunal Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titanzk

02-15-2013

Long story short, I received a temporary ban today, that I believe to be unfair.
Given the free time, I analyzed my case and other ban report and would like to present for the community and for the devs my conclusions about the system and a couple suggestions.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6217652/

- #1 I don't even know why I have been reported!? We even had a 2/12 Trundle according to him "having people in real life distracting lol". I bet he still playing around...

- #2 Again, I didn't say anything! I guess it happens a lot. Some players, when they lose a game and they did really bad, like this one (we had a 0/7, a 3/10 and a 5/9) they try to pin the blame on someone else! Guess I was the choosen one this time! The player reporting even lied Said that I called people as I quote, "******s", and didn't say anything like that. I have no reason to insult people or to care about their sexuality at all.

- #3 Let me quote the report here: "Totally uncalled for bull****. Stood and watched while teammates died, then abused them about it. Continued to not play with the team". Someone care to explain me how on earth I got 19/12/23 without "not playing with the team"? This report CLEARLY came from Graves, that was mad because he did really bad at this game. Again, that childish attitude, when a player doing really bad tries to blame someone else for his performance. Graves did really bad at this match. He went 5/12/14. Fed his game and I had to carry the team. Also a fact that is clear about this, is he took part into 19 kills (5 of his kills + 14 assists) while i took part into 42 (19 kills + 23 Assists). As a matter of fact, everybody got high assists that game... except for Graves! He was the one not grouping up!

- #4 This is the best one. I got reported by the enemy! Yes by the enemy! I remember this one very clearly! The reporting player clearly was their Corki! What a great idiot! First he spent the entire game complaining, harassing his team and ours! Then he moved on to how bad my build was, in special, getting Infinity Blade for Garen, arguing the item, in special the Crit Bonus, wasn't beneficial for champion! I was like: WTF?! Then, I asked him a simple question: Since he is so smart and knows Garen so well, I asked if he knew about my Judgement, if it can Crit or not. He said it couldn't...
Oh boy... What a ridiculous player... Doens't even know what he is talking about! He just had to complain about something and try to make fun of someone! But it didn't work! So he was SO ashamed that he didn't say anything else, and reported me as revenge!

Looking at the statistics for this report, I have the best score on my team on every match. I don't feed and I give my team a really confortable gameplay, taking care of one lane and carrying for the rest of the game.

Every reported I received was from someone "butt*hurt" because I did really well or at least much better than him. I really doubt that over 50% of players reporting are actually READING the chat logs at all

So, my conclusion is: The Tribunal system have a lot of issues and isn't being used with the intention to remove players with bad attitudes, but to serve as personal revenge, being innefective at the end of day. So I would like to give some suggestion about how the system could be improved:

First ) First, taking a look at some other reports I can see a clear pattern of vendetta on cases where a player received a single report. Reading 47 full reports (to be precise) I noticed that 72% (34 of 47) of single report (only report only for that match) had revenge motivations, and the player isn't doing something wrong on purpose or being disrespectull at all!

Top Occurrences are:
1) Two players at the same lane blamming each other;
2) A player complaining about someone's else performance (The complainer being reported)
3) A player performing badly and not really talking with the team or really not interested on the game at all.

While on other hand, when a player is having a bad attitude, he usually gets more reports (2 to 5, usually).

So, since players aren't that much "thoughtful" when they judge at Tribunal, and it's quite easy to be reported for vain situations, I would suggest to put a minimal number of 2 reports for the case to actually be presented to Tribunal.

Second ) The system is called Tribunal, where the cases are "judged" by other players. Looking at the system's name and how it works, I believe the name is quite wrong. Actually a offense to the roman Tribunes, places of intellectual discussion where the name was derived from. This system should be renamed to INQUISITION.

Why the player doing the report have a chance to say whatever he wants and the player being reported can't say a single word? So, this is a Tribunal without possibility of defense?! This is a recipe for injustice, right there! With the new ladder system, I imagine enemy players reporting each other just for the sake of removing a competitor!

So, may suggestion here would be to give the reported player a chance to say something! To explain himself!

Should work like this: Before a case is presented to Tribunal, the reported player would receive a In-Game notification to check his e-mail or to log into the LoL page (wherever is technically viable) and to, if he wants, say something as his defense (something really short, like 3 to 5 lines max, just like the report). As he receives the in-game notification, a timer would start as deadline to post his defense.

Would bring a much higher sense of Justice to this system and wouldn't delay or avoid the punishment at all.

I always enjoyed this game and I support the company, but I really expect a improve on Tribunal. For the best. Hope I'm not alone on this...

Ladayen

02-15-2013

Game 1:

Garen [00:34:06] you dont deserve to win this

Instant Punish.

Daemoj

02-15-2013

Welcome to the tribunal system that riot has in place. Don't speak in chat is what they want. Hit mute 9 times a game is what I do. Only way not to get banned by these tribunal idiots.

Kirska

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemoj View Post
Welcome to the tribunal system that riot has in place. Don't speak in chat is what they want. Hit mute 9 times a game is what I do. Only way not to get banned by these tribunal idiots.
I speak in chat quite a bit. Difference between you and me is my chat generally consists of a combination of the following: gj, ty, going b, mia, care, drag, baron. That and a possible explanation is all that's needed.

Triska

02-15-2013

Hello Titanzk, I'm sorry to hear about your ban. I will happily go through your Reform Card and post quotes that may have gotten you in trouble, so you can avoid punishments in the future.

Game 1:

Quote:
Garen [00:32:10] trundle
Garen [00:32:12] you rly sucks dude
This is unnecessary. I'm sure he knows he's doing poorly. Insulting people won't make them play better, it will make them play worse.

Quote:
Garen [00:34:02] i give up
Garen [00:34:06] you dont deserve to win this
Garen [00:34:07] at all
This makes it sound as though you are intentionally throwing the game, which is a big no-no.

Game 2:

Quote:
Garen [00:10:42] screw this
Garen [00:10:50] Guy is camping my lane and nobody shows up
Quote:
Garen [00:12:45] What part of I'm being camped you didnt get by now?
Rude. If you need help from your jungler, you really ought to ask politely. Acting like this doesn't make people want to help you.

Quote:
Garen [All] [00:16:53] Wish i had a team like you do, Khaz
Garen [All] [00:17:20] Unfortunately i joined this 1v2 by mistake
Garen [All] [00:17:34] I didnt even know about such queue
Trash-talking your own team to the enemy isn't a good idea...

You also devolve into a drawn-out fight with your Cho. He's definitely being an ass, but instead of muting him and continuing your game, you bicker and whine at each other non-stop. This is really distracting and unpleasant to your other teammates. In the future, just mute and move on.

Game 3:
Quote:
Garen [00:09:57] gosh, you guys suck...
Really?

Quote:
Garen [00:17:53] bet was my fault again!
Garen [00:17:55] ****ing idiot
Come on...

Quote:
Garen [00:18:18] you are a idiot
Dude...

Quote:
Garen [00:20:12] you guys suck
Garen [00:20:13] ffs
Garen [00:20:24] and im reporting this annie
DUDE. This entire game is just you insulting everyone and picking fights.

I'm going to stop going line-by-line here, because I think you can understand where you went wrong by now. When someone on your team is doing poorly, you immediately start insulting them and picking fights, even if you're not doing the best yourself. If someone starts a fight with you instead, you ALWAYS respond and draw it out, you never let anything go. In the future, you need to keep your thoughts to yourself. Don't tell your teammates they suck and are bad. You can give advice ("Please stay closer to your tower and farm safely") but don't give them in an insulting or rude way. If someone is an ass to you, just mute them and move on, don't continue the fight.

Kirska

02-15-2013

Quote:
Garen [00:32:44] wow annie
Garen [00:32:50] you ****ing sucks!
There is not a single thing you could say for yourself that would make this acceptable. Not one.

Kabusabe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

In regard to your concerns about the Tribunal process as a whole, let me shed some light on some things;

For starters, anyone reported isn't automatically banned. Your argument makes it seem this way. While its true that a majority of cases being brought before the Tribunal are in fact punished, that isn't a good measure of things. You need to be aware of the amount of reports that it requires to get here in the first place. Roughly 20% of your latest games need to have been reported. That's huge, compared to the amount of about 1-3% that normal players get.

Yes, occasionally someone will get into the Tribunal that shouldn't be there. And 99.999% of the time they will get pardoned. I would say 100%, but there has been a single case months and months ago that was wrongly punished. Out of however many thousands of cases we go through...that isn't too bad.

Your next concern seems to be about people randomly going around and spamming punish. While I can admit this does happen, it's a lot less frequent than you'd think. Most people who threaten to punish in game don't even do so afterwards. Even for those cases where a person repeatedly troll reports people there is a system in place to handle it. They've done a wave of bans on people for false reporting. They also shut down their reports, in that they can still submit one but it means nothing.

In regards to posting a defense...there really isn't a need to. You can't explain off cussing someone out or harassing teammates. There is literally no excuse for it.

The Tribunal is working fine, and you deserved your ban. The others above me pointed out the instances where you wronged. If you think those are acceptable, you need to adjust your outlook and take off the rose tinted glasses.

Daemoj

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabusabe View Post
In regard to your concerns about the Tribunal process as a whole, let me shed some light on some things;

For starters, anyone reported isn't automatically banned. Your argument makes it seem this way. While its true that a majority of cases being brought before the Tribunal are in fact punished, that isn't a good measure of things. You need to be aware of the amount of reports that it requires to get here in the first place. Roughly 20% of your latest games need to have been reported. That's huge, compared to the amount of about 1-3% that normal players get.
So you believe this why? Because some riot person said on a forums that this is correct or because someone told you and you believe them? So then you're telling me that you believe the Government, Movies, News, etc? They are all scams just like this tribunal ****. I feel like I'm in the damn matrix and you guys are ****ing buying into this ****. It's ridiculous

Kirska

02-15-2013

Quote:
So you believe this why? Because some riot person said on a forums that this is correct or because someone told you and you believe them? So then you're telling me that you believe the Government, Movies, News, etc? They are all scams just like this tribunal ****. I feel like I'm in the damn matrix and you guys are ****ing buying into this ****. It's ridiculous
Because if everyone that got reported automatically got banned we would ALL be banned.

Kabusabe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Yes, I do believe it when Riot gives these numbers. I'm not one of those tin hat wearing people.

I can also say that through personal experience. I've leveled two accounts to thirty and gotten them both gold. I've never even been warned once. Nor have any of my friends that I play with, save for one who was indeed a rager and has since reformed. Either I got to the tribunal and got pardoned, or I've never been personally in it. Same goes for all but one of my friends.