Jayce, Nidalee, Kassadin, Jax, Kha'Zix, and Poppy are removed from Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Then there would just be another level of op. I think dominion's playstyle really lets the stronger champs shine over the weaker ones(on the map) much more than SR does.

Torenia

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
No, because you change the meta, and new things that dominate/stifle variation will emerge. That's how such games work.
100% fact

Look at SR

AK47WOLF

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torenia View Post
100% fact

Look at SR
I don't buy this. If you take Jayce out of the equation, a new champ might rise to popularity, but it won't be on the level as Jayce. His kit is so loaded that whoever replaces him will be more manageable.

Malah

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
No, because you change the meta, and new things that dominate/stifle variation will emerge. That's how such games work.
The meta didn't change upon whim, it changed because the playerbase were collectively bad before they discovered how things work best. ADC/Support SR bot lane developed because it was discovered it was the best place to stick the AD ranged character so he could get farm and obliterate the enemy team late game, the support can protect him without needing gold to do it, and collectively they can enforce dragon control and force the jungler to choose between harassing top or bot lane.

The meta is not going to suddenly change and make weak champions powerful. What removing the top picks (or in my preferred case, just nerfing the everliving hell out of them) will do is peel back a huge amount of power creep or archaic tuning that Riot has been just completely neglectful by opting to keep in so that some of the lower shelf stuff can actually shine. There is no point when Sejuani can ever be optimal over Amumu when he still automatically does her job better due to Cursed Touch, Despair, and better scaling; Thresh is not going to do Blitzcrank's job better when a Thresh grab on a carry is at best an initiation while a Blitz grab on a carry almost guaranteed death with a team behind it.

Phourc

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Is Dominion fixed?
No cause it'd still have a tiny community.

/thread

Eloquid

02-16-2013

I'm aware of tier lists on Dominion and official thinking about what is op here, but nothing makes me win so consistently like Singed.

Hawkwìng

02-16-2013

y the hate on nid? shes alotta fun but i dont see her single handily carrying any games.

radicalratx

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
The meta is not going to suddenly change and make weak champions powerful. What removing the top picks (or in my preferred case, just nerfing the everliving hell out of them) will do is peel back a huge amount of power creep or archaic tuning that Riot has been just completely neglectful by opting to keep in so that some of the lower shelf stuff can actually shine. There is no point when Sejuani can ever be optimal over Amumu when he still automatically does her job better due to Cursed Touch, Despair, and better scaling; Thresh is not going to do Blitzcrank's job better when a Thresh grab on a carry is at best an initiation while a Blitz grab on a carry almost guaranteed death with a team behind it.

This.

Some champs are just inherently better than others. Those mentioned in the title are pretty much the worst offenders. There is certainly some power creep going on, but I think Riot is trying to curb it a bit by introducing 'weak' champs like Nami, Thresh, and prebuff Syndra. It doesn't fix the problem at all.

I honestly think draft will fix many of the problems with OP champs. The new meta will settle, and yes, there will be a top tier, but it won't be unstoppable.

I realize cheesecake keeps the current top in check, but the difference between cheesecake and top is much greater than the difference between top and mid, IMO.

Malah

02-16-2013

The difference between what Sauron calls "cheesecake" and just the strong picks is that the very top tier just blatantly breaks the game with their mechanics. Kassadin is something that has no more business being on this map anymore than release Eve had being in the game. Removing those picks still leaves a host of toxic champions at the top of this list because the only thing keeping some of them from being up there with Khazix or Urgot is tuning, if that's not the reason why they're high tier in the first place (Wukong).

Even if Riot cared about the state of Dominion, it would still take over a year, if it happened at all, to deal with Dominion's top shelf because they insist on taking things slow (when they're nerfing, at least) despite the fact that we don't need a graceful touch, we need a sledgehammer slammed at them. That doesn't mean we don't need precision, but little chips at the top of the list are not going to matter if Kassadin is still impossible to restrain because his kit has almost zero mechanical weaknesses other than the fact that he doesn't have some kind of penetration in it. And, again, it's not like we haven't already pointed out what to fix and in some caes how.

lbgsloan

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
Meh, a few of those champs aren't really in the same level of WTFOP. Kha'zix is indeed a beast, but Kassadin/Jayce are the absolute worst. Everyone else I can handle. I wouldn't complain, but I'd miss Nidalee from the days when people thought she was worthless.

Note: This opinion is from my experiences, yours may differ.
She was worthless. BFT and wooglets in conjunction with the pen changes indirectly buffed her traps to stupid levels, and unlike Teemo or Shaco there is no way to clear them. AP Teemo was still high tier before BFT, but if you build AP Nid without a BFT her threat level drops dramatically. For Nid it's 80% itemization and 20% Riot derped hard by not nerfing all pen related skills after the S3 chanage. Nid getting her cat form resistances removed next patch is not going to fix anything causing Dominion AP Nid to be so strong. Would be nice if they fixed the 'invisible spear' thing at least.

Quote:
There is certainly some power creep going on, but I think Riot is trying to curb it a bit by introducing 'weak' champs like Nami, Thresh, and prebuff Syndra. It doesn't fix the problem at all.
Actually, Morello finally came clean and admitted new supports are now designed 100% for a 0 CS role in mind. That's why you can't make Thresh or Nami work outside of a ward bot/support tank role, because there were intentionally designed such that they can never succeed outside of this role. I'm actually slightly disappointed that Thresh is semi-viable on SR, as if Nami and Thresh had both been total failures Riot might realize this design policy on supports is ****ing stupid.