Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bad Luck or Bad Teamates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tmoneybags

02-15-2013

For the last 2 months and not before that, I've had the worst groups of people set up to be my teamates, I was snug at Silver II for the longest time. During that time I was doing just fine, winning some and losing some but usually winning 1-2 more than losing. So the last 2 months I have been set up with horrible players consistantly without a break, lost 2 promotions without even getting a chance to win because of afk players, feeders, and just plain people that should not be playing ranked games( but of course do anyway). As of today I am at Silver III and not happy about this degration when I myself am playing very well consistantly. I can make up for 1 sometimes 2 bad teamates but when 3 teamates are throwing the game(which happens very often for me) its out of my control. It seems very much like the match-making always puts 5 great players on the opposing team and maybe 1 other good player on my team besides myself.

Few questions to answer:

Is it bad luck?
Is it all set up because I am a good player and must be put with bad players and against good players for an appropriate(not really) challange?
Why should other players be the cause of your loss(and demotion) every single game without a hope of winning a game?
How can I change this bad luck or sequencing for the better?

Update: recently lost another 7 games in a row...0% chance of winning because of teamates. Falling tier after tier.

Tmoneybags

02-15-2013

I suppose now I know how trolls are born. After the above occurs.

OriginalJack

02-15-2013

Ever thought about getting a good duo partner? There's several ways to do it, either ask on the forums or ask somebody you've just played a game with that you thought played well. Even if they're on the other team, they might be open to it.

zaroph

02-17-2013

Well this has happened to me before its called being on "tilt" and nothing you can do will change that. That is 100% true what original jack said is true if your team is doing back and nothing you can do wins games. 1-Take a breath and look for a duo partner 2-learn what lanes are failing you almost every game and play that lane 3-watch the game and play according to how lanes are doing (continue ganking lanes when they are doing bad). There is always ways to help a bad team win games. (ok maybe i lied a little) not always but, most of the time you just need to pay attention to each game and not repeat over and over otherwise you will lose all games.

KupoGrounds

02-17-2013

I've been going through this too. I ended up with 2 AFKers who ended up costing us the game and my division.