Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor - Bug Report Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tordek18

02-17-2013

i have played quite a number of games with other champs and have not dc'd once out of the 3 games i have played with quinn i have dc'd twice (all bot games) i am not seeing any common links between events. will update if continues.

Edit 1: dc'd with debonair jayce during bot game

Devanstator

02-17-2013

This is not exactly a bug but as far as I can tell, Valor will mark any target that Quinn has vision of. This is mostly fine in lane but what happens in mid or late game when you're trying to set up an ambush or baron-bait on the enemy team. Valor putting a mark on you is a huge giveaway that Quinn is nearby.

I can't think of an easy way to address this issue. If you make it so Valor won't mark targets that can't see Quinn then that limits the usefulness of the passive. Whereas if you make it so the mark isn't visible to enemies who can't see Quinn then it might be unfair to not know that you're suddenly a prime target.

golf1052

02-17-2013

Quote:
Devanstator:
This is not exactly a bug but as far as I can tell, Valor will mark any target that Quinn has vision of. This is mostly fine in lane but what happens in mid or late game when you're trying to set up an ambush or baron-bait on the enemy team. Valor putting a mark on you is a huge giveaway that Quinn is nearby.

I can't think of an easy way to address this issue. If you make it so Valor won't mark targets that can't see Quinn then that limits the usefulness of the passive. Whereas if you make it so the mark isn't visible to enemies who can't see Quinn then it might be unfair to not know that you're suddenly a prime target.

If you press S it will stop Valor from marking targets. However this should be more well known.

Farstride

02-17-2013

I feel like the ultimate execute part is broken.

Sometimes it does the damage I need it to do vs low health targets, othertimes it hits low health targets and does the same damage as if I had used it on full health targets.

Compared to Riven's ult, Quinns is just completely unreliable. =/
It's a bit frustrating to see someone make it away when if I had stayed in valor form and just continued attacking normally they'd have died.

Devanstator

02-17-2013

Quote:
golf1052:
If you press S it will stop Valor from marking targets. However this should be more well known.

Actually I've been testing around with the passive in the jungle and while there does seem to be certain cases where Valor will stop marking targets, it does not seem to be as simple as pressing S.

In a custom game I just sat at the wraiths to figure out the cooldown on the passive and noted that Valor marked a wraith every 7 seconds with perfect regularity. Then I started testing how Vault interacts with the passive and found that it actually resets the passive cooldown, which means that if you use your E at like 6 seconds after your last Harrier mark, you won't get another Harrier mark for another 7 seconds which means you barely increased the number of marks you get at all. This means that the "best" (read "least inefficient&quot way to use vault is right after you proc one of the random Harrier marks. This sadly makes Vault more of a "choose which target will get the mark next" rather than a "get an extra Harrier mark for free" skill. But I digress.

After engaging and then disengaging from the wraiths, I found that Valor stopped marking them. I think range is a factor because I found that moving closer to the wraiths caused him to start marking them again, but I was also able to get into situations where he wouldn't do it at all. I tested whether pressing "S" was the important factor, but in some cases he wouldn't be marking them even when I hadn't used "S", and he wouldn't start marking them until I attacked one.

I think there's a pretty complicated algorithm that chooses the Harrier target. Here's what I can tell about it:
- It strongly prefers champions, even at long range.
- It will only mark neutral mosters at shorter range (700ish), and in some situations won't mark them at all.
- It generally prefers low-health creeps in lane, but sometimes marks full-health ones even though they're farther away then low-health ones.
- It seems to operate on a regular timer, and will only make a decision every n seconds. That decision might be to not mark anything, or maybe even have a random chance whether it will mark or not, in the case that there are only low-priority targets available.
- It seems to not mark champions if you are hidden from them in a bush, but it also does not immediately mark them when you reveal yourself (probably because of the regular timer above).

TL,DR:
- My original concern about Valor giving away Quinn's presence in an ambush situation seems to be taken care of, although in a way that somewhat disadvantages Quinn because of not reliably getting a Harrier mark when the fight starts.
- The Harrier mark that Vault gives is not free! It will delay your next random mark by at least 7 seconds.
- There seems to be little room for skillful play in terms of controlling where and when Harrier will land. IMHO this is not a problem in lane where you can just wait for good opportunities, but it's a bit disappointing that it can't be influenced skilfully in skirmishes and team fights.

PS. As others have pointed out, it is quite common to "waste" a Harrier mark because of the delay between the "squawk" and the actual mark being applied, and also because of the requirement for the mark to have been applied _before_ the shot is taken. I suggest making the mark apply instantly and letting any of Quinn's autos proc it, even if the projectile was in the air before the mark was applied.

kyrion6

02-17-2013

I can't even find Quinn and Valor on my client LOL

Rudi Greyrat

02-17-2013

There is an issue with Quinn where she does not show up on the champion tab in my profile or in champ select. I tried to search but Quinn did not show up either. I did buy Quinn since i have already played her once but i just cant seem to select her anymore.

abowlofnachos

02-17-2013

I bought Quinn and Valor the day she came out and played a bot game and a normals with her. Today i logged on to find that she was no longer in the shop or in my champions list. Other people i played with reported this problem. I saw one person play as her today and they said that they didn't even buy her and that she just showed up in her champions list.

golf1052

02-17-2013

It looks like she was removed from PBE for now. The new patch must have done it.

Sir Azural

02-18-2013

Quote:
golf1052:
It looks like she was removed from PBE for now. The new patch must have done it.

She can somehow still get selected in ARAM. Probably due to the PC Bang Rewards being active. I thought I had a screen shot from the loading screen, but it apparently didn't take. The person who got her said that it showed him Ryze in champ select.