@riot reds, a humble request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wheredigo

02-15-2013

First i'll start with my stats- i'm ranked 44-45 with 47236 JR, 2028 cases reviewed, longest streak of 70, 5622 toxic days prevented and 63 perma bans. I'm also excited because i'm about to hit 90% accuracy, which with this many cares reviewed isn't easy

I'll probably get trolled for this in multiple ways. I know the point of the tribunal is not for us to get ip for doing it, we aren't getting paid to do good, we're just there to help clean up the community. The other side later on will probably harass me because i'm in the top 50 and am a terrible person for contributing to the tribunal.

Not i'm not asking for rp, ip, skins etc, thats how the company gets money and i want them to be in business. But in all reality there are a lot of people doing a lot of work. It doesn't take a whole lot for riot to do something like give us a ribbon or something in our pictures to show that we contribute tot he community, hell they do it for people being helpful, great team players or team leads etc. I just think that the work that we put forward to helping the community could be seen. Now i'm Damn proud that i've helped this much, and honestly the 20-40 minutes it takes to do a thorough job is well worth getting rid of some of the **** that plagues this community and i will continue regardless, but it would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgement of our contributions. There isn't even a leaderboard that we can compare our rankings of others to see what it would take to go up on the boards. Just a thought, troll on community. Oh and it anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and i'll answer as i can (nothing like readying a few hundred pages on tort law :S

Ladayen

02-15-2013

The leaderboard has pretty much been scrapped. Nobody really wants it and alot of people really dont want it.

As to alternative rewards for tribunal "judges" Lyte has said a few times that this is on his radar but it has to be in a manner not open to abuse. A likely scenario is random manually issued rewards.

Wheredigo

02-15-2013

i can see why there wouldn't be leaderboards, but maybe they only leave it open to people in the top 1000 that are ranked, or make it so you can see people within about 100 rank of you. I'd love to know what i'd have to do to be #1, or just to get higher. And just because someone had a tribunal summoners icon doesn't mean they are there now, so there is no reason for people to harass them. I don't know. would just be nice in some ways

Daemoj

02-15-2013

Ya give em a picture on their in game profile so when I play with them I know who to troll and make sure they lose. That'll make this a **** load easier.

Wheredigo

02-15-2013

the nice thing about summoner icons is that you can chose which one you have. I never said that we HAD to use it, just that it would be there if we wanted to use it. I'm not afraid of someone else trolling me, thats the point of the tribunal. I can happily report you and hope my comrades decide that you were in fact a toxic player and let the system do it's rounds.

I have nothing to hide, if people want to find me and troll me then let them. I'm rarely on right now because of school, and i'm proud that i've done as well as i have in helping clean up the community. If i want to show that i think that i should be able to do so

LittleDi

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheredigo View Post
the nice thing about summoner icons
Hmm... that would work. You can choose your icon and it's not really 100% viewable before the match.

Wheredigo

02-16-2013

It's just a thought. But if we have pride in what we do for lol. I wouldn't mind showing it

Eraconis

02-16-2013

The reason there is nothing like that is because It has already been mentioned that the tribunal is still under development, it has flaws and its obvious, Riot doesn't hand out prizes anymore because they dont want to get a bad name few years from now by promoting their own bull****.

Wheredigo

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraconis View Post
The reason there is nothing like that is because It has already been mentioned that the tribunal is still under development, it has flaws and its obvious, Riot doesn't hand out prizes anymore because they dont want to get a bad name few years from now by promoting their own bull****.

One mans bs is another's toxic player. I'm not saying the system doesn't have flaws. I've seen perfectly harmless seeming players be banned. And I hope that gets changed, a whole lot of toxic and terrible players ARE banned though and that's worth it. And I'm not saying give me handouts. People could say season 3 preseason was bs because they sure as hell broke a lot of things. But people still got rankings ribbons etc. this is just tribunal preseason and is like to see how we'll I'm doing just as much as a diamond player wants to show thero standing

Eraconis

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheredigo View Post
One mans bs is another's toxic player. I'm not saying the system doesn't have flaws. I've seen perfectly harmless seeming players be banned. And I hope that gets changed, a whole lot of toxic and terrible players ARE banned though and that's worth it. And I'm not saying give me handouts. People could say season 3 preseason was bs because they sure as hell broke a lot of things. But people still got rankings ribbons etc. this is just tribunal preseason and is like to see how we'll I'm doing just as much as a diamond player wants to show thero standing
One mans bs is another's toxic player.

Doesnt even make sense.

'm not saying the system doesn't have flaws. I've seen perfectly harmless seeming players be banned. And I hope that gets changed, a whole lot of toxic and terrible players ARE banned though and that's worth it.

Yes they are and I am totally behind that cause, sadly it has been taken to extreme levels and cannot be debated. Look at the ridculious number of pardons that should have been punishes if you dont believe me, this argument goes both ways.

It is clear why Riot isnt promoting an icon or w.e because you wouldnt want to congradulate a nazi soldier for doing what he did at the present time, see where I am going?