WTF with this LP gain?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
this system is just great. i was on a losing streak.
now that i broke the losing steak im getting 10 lp for win.. and probably loosing like 25 for defeat.

So after i break loosing streak, system is making sure i get even further down even with 50% win ratio.
Whats nto to love about it.
You are annoyed by series of bad games, so sytem makes sure you are not able to work back up your LP. BRILLIANT !
im sooo happy about it !

Seriously. I feel progress like hell !
You STILL don't get it.

You didn't break the losing streak, you progressively got matched with weaker and weaker players until finally you are matched with players you can actually beat.

These players are so bad that they aren't worth the same amount of LP as the players you were playing against.

If you consistently keep beating these bad players, you will get matched with better players, ones who are worth more LP.

The system is working perfectly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

Senior Member

02-16-2013

no dude YOU dont get it.
elo system considers it had found " right spot" for me whe im able to win 50% of games.
but league system that is independent form it, considers that i should be higher, and im getting 10 points for win and loosing 20 for defeat which means i cant get any progress in lp, unless i magically get much better at supporting and get back to 1600 elo which i had after placement matches as jungler.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
no dude YOU dont get it.
elo system considers it had found " right spot" for me whe im able to win 50% of games.
but league system that is independent form it, considers that i should be higher, and im getting 10 points for win and loosing 20 for defeat which means i cant get any progress in lp, unless i magically get much better at supporting and get back to 1600 elo which i had after placement matches as jungler.
No, this is wrong, the league system thinks your tier/division is too high, that's why you win less than you lose.

Remember, right now you essentially are beating on lower tier/division players because your mmr/elo is so low, they aren't worth as much as players who are in your own division, so you need to raise your mmr to get matched against better players so you have more valuable matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmakehersquirtle

Senior Member

02-17-2013

So how is it that I win 10 ranked solo queue matches in a row on Bronze 1, gaining only 1 point after my 5th win. Lose my 11th win with 97 points, drop 15 points. So ideally I would need to win a huge amount of games in a row to even get into the placement games?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by some****** View Post
So how is it that I win 10 ranked solo queue matches in a row on Bronze 1, gaining only 1 point after my 5th win. Lose my 11th win with 97 points, drop 15 points. So ideally I would need to win a huge amount of games in a row to even get into the placement games?
Seriously? Are you proud of this post? Have you looked at all for a solution to this. It is a sad day that I need to hold every single player's hand to and spell it out for them, because they cant take 30 seconds to look around themselves for the answer, maybe that's why you are in bronze.

But to answer your question, Tier promotions are permanent, thus, they clamp down initially when you approach the promotional series, if you continue to win over 50%, the clamping will be less severe, and easier to break through to the promotional series. You do not need to worry about anything other than winning >50% of your games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSW Zuna

Junior Member

02-18-2013

This is nothing, i win about 5 points pergame, and lose about 2 per loss, and don't tell me that i dont get a lot of points cause im playin people who are below my elo, thats total bull****, because i am ALWAYS last pick, and whenever i play dou, im still last pick and only earn about 5 points, and my friend who gets 1st pick, ends up getting about 20 points, so this new LP system is so ****ing broken.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominyx

Senior Member

02-18-2013

if you're in a bottom division say silver V and lose 10 games straight, it cant demote you, but you're hidden rating will be tanked, so you'll get matched with bronzers, and get less for wins, and take more of a hit for losses. cuz if you're actually silver versing bronze you should win more than 50% easily, if that isn't the case, then you'll have the lp disparity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArchAngel8710

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
this system is just great. i was on a losing streak.
now that i broke the losing steak im getting 10 lp for win.. and probably loosing like 25 for defeat.

So after i break loosing streak, system is making sure i get even further down even with 50% win ratio.
Whats nto to love about it.
You are annoyed by series of bad games, so sytem makes sure you are not able to work back up your LP. BRILLIANT !
im sooo happy about it !

Seriously. I feel progress like hell !
Do you even lift?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferr3t

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Loose-the opposite of tight
Lose-the opposite of win

I apologize for my grammar Naziness, but my god does that mistake annoy the hell out of me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oTwisted

Member

02-19-2013

Firstly, having to win 80% of your games to stay where you are is incredibly exagerated, secondly, I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong section.


123