WTF with this LP gain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

02-15-2013

Im gaining 15-17 lp for win.
im loosing 19-22 lb for loose.

its not just at nearly 100 lp its all the time.
With this system i have to win like 70% of my games to just stay where i am WTF is wrong?

its bad enough Riot refuse to implement role queuing for solo q inspite players begging for it.

Its bad enough that i have to constantly play with players that have 5 ranked games played and repeatedly see same mistakes and 0 map awarnees( yes the system that was suposed to fix it doesnt do anything).

Its bad enough that i dont see the real progres which would be elo - now i can only see virtual points that has absolutely no impact on oponents i play which means it doesnt mean anything.

In order to gain any lvls ( so called leagues) i have to win 80%+ games CONSTANTLy? with all those solo queue afkers, trolls, and beginers?

seriously that is your fix for ranked system??

Triplell

02-15-2013

First, I would suggest you pay attention a little more in math class. Just like a true LoL player, you seem to over-exagerate.

Let's assume the extremes, that you win 15lp and lose 22lp.

Simple math shows that in order to break even, you would actually have to win 60% of your games. Not the 70% that you claim.

With all that said, I kind of agree that it should be tweak more to a level where you stay where you are at based on winning 50% of your games, but maybe that is the case and you are just playing catch up. If you can get your W-L ration at 1:1, I bet you would get about the same lp for a win and a loss.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

02-15-2013

nope, i started with a win sttreak- now i have more defeats than won in this new system, and im still loosing 19-22 points and gaining 15.

Chaungabor

02-15-2013

I have the exact same numbers when I play, not an exaggeration.

Triplell

02-15-2013

I seem to lose 20 lp for a loss and gain 17 for a win. Doing the math shows that I need to win 54% to "break even", not even near the 70% he is claiming

ForTheSoup

02-15-2013

Im getting and losing about 17-19 per game right now and ive been going pretty close to 1:1 right now.
You need to think about it this way. Why should you be allowed to advance in leagues quickly when you are only winning 60% of your games? Plat < and up would be winning around 85% of their games at Silver D3 and below.

What they are doing is taking the players that deserve to be in high skill teirs and making it easy for them to advance because they deserve it.

Selcopa

02-15-2013

It means your MMR is lower than your divison standing. Raise your mmr/elo by wining matches and you will gain more lp for wins.

This is done to prevent players from losing a ton of games at Division 5, tanking their MMR, then having easy wins in order to climb up divisions easily.

Essentially you are in the state of having "easy wins" compared to the players in your divisions.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

02-16-2013

I was exactly where the system initialy put me.
So that means i have to get like 200 elo more than im " stuck at" to even think of getting my division up?
( if that disparity is becouse of mmr, thats about how much i'd have to get becouse my max elo was 400 higher than elo i had on system implementation).

Wasnt it suposed to give a sense of progress?
seem rather counter that purpose if i need to get about 400 mmr more to just break eaven on 50% win ratio.( i lost alot of elo lately).

If it is as you say. At my elo, where i have 50% win ratio, i'd need 60% win ratio to just not loose my divisions.So im essentialy forever stuck in 5th division.Nice feel of progress.

Selcopa

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
I was exactly where the system initialy put me.
So that means i have to get like 200 elo more than im " stuck at" to even think of getting my division up?
( if that disparity is becouse of mmr, thats about how much i'd have to get becouse my max elo was 400 higher than elo i had on system implementation).

Wasnt it suposed to give a sense of progress?
seem rather counter that purpose if i need to get about 400 mmr more to just break eaven on 50% win ratio.( i lost alot of elo lately).

If it is as you say. At my elo, where i have 50% win ratio, i'd need 60% win ratio to just not loose my divisions.So im essentialy forever stuck in 5th division.Nice feel of progress.
You don't seem to understand the system at all.

The elo you are currently at, is matching you against players lower than the tier/division you are in.

Because you are playing against players below your tier/divison, your wins are not worth as much, because from a league point standing, you are expected to beat a player from a lower tier.

Again, in the eyes of the system, you have tanked your MMR to get easy wins, so your wins aren't worth as much, until you get your MMR raised to a more challenging spot.

Essentially you are in League Heaven, because you are placed in a spot that is much higher than where you belong, because the system is trying to push you farther down due to your lack of skill to keep up with your current tier/division. But it cant because you've already reached the bottom of where you can go.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

02-16-2013

this system is just great. i was on a losing streak.
now that i broke the losing steak im getting 10 lp for win.. and probably loosing like 25 for defeat.

So after i break loosing streak, system is making sure i get even further down even with 50% win ratio.
Whats nto to love about it.
You are annoyed by series of bad games, so sytem makes sure you are not able to work back up your LP. BRILLIANT !
im sooo happy about it !

Seriously. I feel progress like hell !