How do you accurately smite baron?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZXPrototype

02-15-2013

For some reason, in season 3 I'm having more difficulty securing baron nashor and perhaps even dragon. I check how much damage my smite currently does, then mouse over to see the health of the boss. I even have smite on smartcast f, however for some reason I'm having immense difficulty getting the last hit it. Is there something more I can do? Sometimes I feel that if I DON'T look at the health bar (at least the number) and instead watch it's visual representation over it's head, then I am able to better smite since I can time how much damage is going on. Thoughts?

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

Numbers tend to work for me.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

What's your ping? Sometimes lag plays a big factor in this. I play on a $200 ASUS computer with wireless internet, so my game lags if we team fight on top of baron. To make sure I get the last hit, I tell my team to save all of their burst damage until Baron/Dragon's hp gets to ~1600hp. That way, I smite ~1500 and my lag doesn't stop me from getting the last hit.If I have a chogath, I tell him to ulti ~2k hp, which does the exact same thing.

Another tactic is to gauge your teams damage per second. Bursty champs will do damge in burst by definition, while a fed adc will do consistent dps. Try to time your smite with the bursts to do it at just the right moment.

Another sure fire way to last hit is to clear vision on objectives with pink wards or oracles, and then have your champs with cc keep the enemy jungler out of range if he comes in for the steal. Having wards outside of the baron/dragon pit will let your taric support or sona get a stun off on the enemy jungler right when the objective hits ~2k hp, which secures you the last hit with smite.

Does that help?

SeCKS Egai

02-15-2013

I'll usually mouse over my smite to see how much damage it's doing, and then I'll target the drag or baron and watch for the health to dip near the smite range - once its close to dipping below max smite damage I'll focus on smiting as soon as the smite is a sure kill.

FlowyS

02-15-2013

I think you really want less than 100 ping. Smite baron when it's health = smite damage. Maybe you can do it a bit earlier if you click the button late.