Request for more IP dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mightyal

02-15-2013

Why does it take so much longer, counting minute by minute compared to SR to get IP in dominion?

A lot of times in an SR blowout, surrender can happen in 20 minutes and you'd still get a lot more IP than a dominion game lasting 30-60 minutes.

I used to play SR all day. By the time a new champ comes around, I always have enough IP to buy one.

It takes like 2-3 times as long playing dominion all day to get the new Champions I want.

Koravel

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyal View Post
Why does it take so much longer, counting minute by minute compared to SR to get IP in dominion?

A lot of times in an SR blowout, surrender can happen in 20 minutes and you'd still get a lot more IP than a dominion game lasting 30-60 minutes.
I have played dominion since it came out, though not as much as others I'm sure, as I only have 1300 games or so played.

During that time, I recall a grand total of 1 game that went over 30 minutes, and that one just barely so.

Pretty sure someone calculated that it was the same amount of IP while in-game, the difference is in dominion you might have to sit in 3 queues as well, which ends up making it take a bit longer.

Mightyal

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
I have played dominion since it came out, though not as much as others I'm sure, as I only have 1300 games or so played.

During that time, I recall a grand total of 1 game that went over 30 minutes, and that one just barely so.

Pretty sure someone calculated that it was the same amount of IP while in-game, the difference is in dominion you might have to sit in 3 queues as well, which ends up making it take a bit longer.
Blind pick makes it faster though. And since I play only draft in SR that should balance it out I think. Queue dodging happens a lot in SR too.

Maybe you have some truth though. It takes more queues to get in a game since the games are shorter. But not always since SR games can end in surrender a lot too

As someone who plays this game a lot, I have to switch over to SR near hero release time if I want that champion (bleh) on release date and not 2-3 weeks after.

lbgsloan

02-15-2013

According to the wiki:
SR/TT/CS
[IP / min] (win) 2.312 2.312 2
[IP / min] (loss) 1.405 1.405 1

So you do in fact get less IP on Dominion, particularly if you lose. There is the Dominion bonus, but I've never seen it go much past 4-5 IP. If the game is a curbstomp Dominion IP might be comparable to a TT stomp, but in all other cases you will get less for the same time played. They should just axe the 'bonus' and make all time/IP rates be the same.

Mightyal

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
According to the wiki:
SR/TT/CS

So you do in fact get less IP on Dominion, particularly if you lose. There is the Dominion bonus, but I've never seen it go much past 4-5 IP. If the game is a curbstomp Dominion IP might be comparable to a TT stomp, but in all other cases you will get less for the same time played. They should just axe the 'bonus' and make all time/IP rates be the same.
Yeah see =p. Backed up by facts. Now lets boost that IP riot. This alone makes it less appealing to play dominion for a lot of people.

IronAegis

02-15-2013

I for one welcome our "SR players that come here just for the extra IP" overlords once the bonus is raised.

BeefJerkyHunter

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
According to the wiki:
SR/TT/CS

Heh... Dominion being tossed aside as usual.

IronAegis

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Heh... Dominion being tossed aside as usual.
But Morello said they have stuff planned.

STUFF.

At some point, something will happen. Twisted Treeline update was just the first strike. By 2099, our changes will be here too.

BeefJerkyHunter

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
But Morello said they have stuff planned.

STUFF.

At some point, something will happen. Twisted Treeline update was just the first strike. By 2099, our changes will be here too.
And then Karma might actually get the long awaited changes.

lbgsloan

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
I for one welcome our "SR players that come here just for the extra IP" overlords once the bonus is raised.
Well, you get more IP for winning. If a SR player decides they want to farm out that new 6300 they're quickly going to realize winning helps with that. And if they win on Dominion a lot, there's a good chance they may decide to keep playing it.

Never underestimate the power of bribery.