Advice for Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tardisnavigator

02-15-2013

I suppose I could always go back to one of my fav things to do, and run Galio mid to teach Kass the meaning of Magic Resist. I wonder how Cho would do as well...

Saiansupayann

02-15-2013

Cho would do very well. He can silence Kass and he has a lot of hp with a couple of Hard CC.

420Templar

02-15-2013

Suck up to the jungler and have him camp your lane. Kassaderp can't do anything until level 6. After that, deal with him as you would any AP assassin.

hashinshin

02-15-2013

kassadin is like the AP mage version of nasus. If you let him free farm in lane you lose the game.

Kaiser Celedorn

02-15-2013

1. I just read someone calling Kassadin's ult a burst ability. Lol, it requires about 800 mana (and over a minute of build up) for it to deal decent damage. For 800 mana, any ability would burst hard.

2. his fighting range is melee most of the time (even in teamfights), a simple silence and burst when he goes into melee range mode will suffice in about 90% of the situations.

3. There is a reason his E requires 6 abilities uses, because it is good.

Shasyr

02-15-2013

Play a mid who can push, and has decent CC or escapes. If you keep up good pressure on his tower, he'll have to stay and counter-push. Kass has no dependable AoE to help clear waves, so you'll prevent him from roaming and ganking, while opening up yourself to do so.

Just be sure, if doing this, to keep up those wards and be wary of the enemy jungler.

Also, tankier builds and champions are good. If he can't burst you down, Kass is much weaker.

And last, pack some hard CC. Wait for his Riftwalk, then unload your CC and damage on him.

tardisnavigator

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Celedorn View Post
1. I just read someone calling Kassadin's ult a burst ability. Lol, it requires about 800 mana (and over a minute of build up) for it to deal decent damage. For 800 mana, any ability would burst hard.

2. his fighting range is melee most of the time (even in teamfights), a simple silence and burst when he goes into melee range mode will suffice in about 90% of the situations.

I suppose I mean his ult is burst late game. The 80% ratio is powerful and hits like a truck if he's farmed up.

Next time I'll try to make sure he doesn't reach the late game.

osea101

02-15-2013

You need to worry more about a Karthus player with hourglass. Holy ****, I've played 4 games in ranked so far and I haven't lost a single game with that core build.

Karthus can melt down a whole team with the right AP build.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Celedorn View Post

1. Kassadin's ult scales better with AP than his Q and E. His Q and E has 0.7 AP scaling, while his ult has 0.8, so yes, it can be used as a very potent burst damage, even without stacking it first. Heck, people that stack his ult after the base damage nerf are dumb.

2. Great Kassadin players will never go in melee range unless all the enemies' CC are used. All Kasses do in team fights is use his Q and E then stay back, so no, he doesn't go into melee range 90% of the time.

3. So is any other AoE burst with 0.7 or more AP scaling on any AP mage. It still doesn't make sense to why only Kass has 2 requirements to cast his only AoE burst pre-6.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardisnavigator View Post
I suppose I mean his ult is burst late game. The 80% ratio is powerful and hits like a truck if he's farmed up.

Next time I'll try to make sure he doesn't reach the late game.
You need to be careful though, as Kassadin can easily catch up if he gets a bit of assists here and there.

The only way to completely shut Kassadin down is to safe 1 hard CC (stun, suppress, taunt, fear) and wait until Kass uses Riftwalk, and then use it on him and burst him down.