Advice for Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tardisnavigator

02-15-2013

Last night, my team faced an enemy Kassadin. Despite all of us investing in magic resist, he was nearly unstoppable. Even after I purchased Runic Bulwark, Merc Treads, and Negatron Cloak, he was continually a problem. My magic resist by the end was around 185. We were able to kill him a few times, but never enough to fully turn the game around. We eventually were overwhelmed.

Looking past how strong he is (high ratios and high escape), what are some suggestions for dealing with him other than what we ended up doing?

I don't want to seem like I'm saying he needs a nerf, but it certainly seemed like it during that game. Any suggestions/opinions are welcome. I did not post this thread to whine about how unfair he is to face; however, I would love some insight so that next time I face Kassadin I will know what to do.

tardisnavigator

02-15-2013

bump

Jansport

02-15-2013

Don't use abilities when running from him, better to just run, you using abilities charges his E's cone slow. its a huge slow too.

He needs 6 charges to cast it, it is on about a 5sec cooldown, and every ability around him that is used generates one charge.

Also do not get within YOUR ability ranges of him unless you are ready to fully commit versus him. His ult is a ~6 second cooldown (it is the flash thing).

Health is also a better alternative than MR versus him, his Q does huge damage, but on a large cooldown.

Wolf Un1t

02-15-2013

he does need a nerf. Dominion realized his OPness agess ago

Jansport

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
he does need a nerf. Dominion realized his OPness agess ago
Kassadin is not OP, many people just do not know how to fight him.

tardisnavigator

02-15-2013

I mean I do have an issue with the fact that his ultimate is a flash aoe burst ability with a low cooldown and an 80% ratio. Late game he can just Rift Walk around fights and deal massive damage without taking much heat due to his mobility combined with his cc potential.

I don't want to call for a nerf, however, unless the community agrees.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Ignore him until he uses Riftwalk to get closer, that's the time your team shift your focus to him

Jansport

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardisnavigator View Post
I mean I do have an issue with the fact that his ultimate is a flash aoe burst ability with a low cooldown and an 80% ratio. Late game he can just Rift Walk around fights and deal massive damage without taking much heat due to his mobility combined with his cc potential.

I don't want to call for a nerf, however, unless the community agrees.
His ult isnt even that strong of an aoe(unless he runs teleport/homeguard and charges his ult to 10 stacks), It is mainly his E(cone slow). He normally only gets to ult 1-2 times in the average teamfight, like I said, do not commit unless you can deal with him, he is weak after he uses his abilities(like leblanc).

The Legend Of

02-15-2013

abuse his pre-6, especially with ganks. force 2v2's, as kassadin without items is incredibly weak in 2v2's. dont stay in lane overly long, his burst isnt that high but due to silence it makes it very hard to trade with him as he has likely disengaged by the time ur silence has worn off. keep lane pushed onto his tower, as he cant push for **** early game.

as far as lategame goes, hard CC is your friend, generally if you cant blow him up by the time your hard CC wears off, hes not going to die in the fight so stop trying and focusing everything on him. His cd's are on the longer side, and hes not going to be able to ult into a fight otherwise he would be dead by the time it came back up so generally it becomes a non-issue if your team builds some flat HP, as he really cant do as much about hp stacking as a lot of the current mids can.

Saiansupayann

02-15-2013

On Kassadin, I use Barrier + Ignite so when I flash to the enemy team sure they try to kill me but this 2 sec barrier is all I need to barely survive and get out while my team focuses fire on them since they wasted all their abilities trying to kill me. Not sure what kind of Kass you fought but the previous advice is sound:

Your best bet is to try to kill him during his riftwalk cd, right after a combo but be careful, his ability will recharge if people around him uses too many ability and you might all end up taking a lot of dmg and get finished off by his team.