Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Game lobby trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiyson

02-18-2013

I think the mechanism of ranked is quite wrong. People jump into ranked games, knowing only one role or two champions and they can't play anything else. It's often because they don't have their own team, do not realize what every role is about, or simply because they want to play that specific role and do not know how to learn any other (you get raged at even in normal blind picks when you say "first time jungle" or things like that, and even if you do quite decent job you still make mistakes due to being a freshman about a new champ/role). You can say, that's what Coop vs AI's games are for. But you cannot really learn everything on AI's game, and every average LoL player will admit that there's a HUGE difference between a bot game and a game with real people.

Maybe a ranked training mode with real people, where you get a random role (assigned by an algorythm) that you need to fullfil would be good. Then every player on your team, as well as in the opposing team, would be mostly in the same situation as you, trying a completely random role.

I know that there ARE trolls who just want to ruin your day.

But there's also a lot of players who after a year or so of playing LoL still are sticking to one role or one champ because they are afraid to fail their team.

So that was just a suggestion, to all of you I wish as few trolls as possible, I encourage everyone to learn at least one champ on every role, good luck in solo/yolo queue fellow Summoners

ButtGobblin

02-18-2013

I think they should have a system where you can vote out a player and have someone fill their spot so nobody has to dodge

Cyan292

02-18-2013

I just refuse to dodge because of a troll. If I'm going to lose LP because of him I'm taking him down with me by making him play the match. If we win then that's even better, but I won't lose LP without making sure he does as well. If everyone did this we could keep the trolls at the bottom of the barrel and they would eventually just play with each other. Dodging doesn't hurt the trolls.

iamblamb

02-18-2013

I think a ranked system would be great if it had a mechanism like there is in WoW raids where you see everyone call roles, someone calls tank, someone calls healer, and a few ppl call damage. If there was a way to set your role before going into matchmaking so that you always only have one jungler, one mid, one top, one supp, and one adc, wouldn't that be optimal?

I also like the idea of voting someone off the island, eventually the troll has to either be nice or gets frustrated from the constant bootings and ragequits.

Dante Blake

02-18-2013

It would be so easy for riot to fix but they are morons. Just have filters that look for people typing "...or feed".

Riot is incapable of common sense.

LoudFootSteps

02-18-2013

Quote:
Kaiyson:
I think the mechanism of ranked is quite wrong. People jump into ranked games, knowing only one role or two champions and they can't play anything else. It's often because they don't have their own team, do not realize what every role is about, or simply because they want to play that specific role and do not know how to learn any other (you get raged at even in normal blind picks when you say "first time jungle" or things like that, and even if you do quite decent job you still make mistakes due to being a freshman about a new champ/role). You can say, that's what Coop vs AI's games are for. But you cannot really learn everything on AI's game, and every average LoL player will admit that there's a HUGE difference between a bot game and a game with real people.

Maybe a ranked training mode with real people, where you get a random role (assigned by an algorythm) that you need to fullfil would be good. Then every player on your team, as well as in the opposing team, would be mostly in the same situation as you, trying a completely random role.

I know that there ARE trolls who just want to ruin your day.

But there's also a lot of players who after a year or so of playing LoL still are sticking to one role or one champ because they are afraid to fail their team.

So that was just a suggestion, to all of you I wish as few trolls as possible, I encourage everyone to learn at least one champ on every role, good luck in solo/yolo queue fellow Summoners

I think that it really isn't overall the amount of champions that they can play, but the attitude they have. I can literally only play Fizz mid. That's it. So when I get mid, I don't care whether the enemy picked Ryze, I am playing Fizz. However, I'm not going to be a jerk and say I'm going to feed because my team didn't let me play another role. I am going to do something else, like get jungler help or lane swap.