2 Heroes for each role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayohfive

02-15-2013

Hey guys & gals,

I'm by no means a new player. I am however, always looking to improve myself as a player and always looking for suggestions/guidance. I have heard more than once, that one of the best ways to improve as a player is to pick a couple of heroes within each role and to really get comfortable with those heroes. I own most of the champions in the game currently, and have played most of them. I'm a big fan of heroes like Lee Sin, Ezreal, and Ryze, to name a few.

I am basically looking for 2 champions from each role (Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support) than in your eyes, are really good to learn and can have a large impact in the game. (Keeping in mind that I solo queue ranked a lot!) I want to try to really stop spreading myself so thin in the heroes that I select, and focus on a few in each role that I can really take to the next level. Thanks!

EDIT* Wow, I just said heroes instead of champions!

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Top and bottom lanes depend a lot on whether you tend to be an aggressive trade minded player, or a farm it out, and wait for team fights kind of person.

But generically speaking heroes that are reasonably easy to learn and have ridden the ups and downs of balance and remained viable:

Top: Shen (farm it out), Garen (trade a lot)
Jungle: Cho'gath, Xin Zhao
Mid: Lux, Morg (two farming machines with similar kits packed with utility and can romp in a teamfight)
ADC: Cait (farm it out), Graves (trade a lot)
Support: Sona (Farm it out), Taric (trade a lot).

xSeCKSx

02-15-2013

You'll really want at least 3 - and more if someone's a likely ban.

Cenerae

02-15-2013

Quite honestly, the best you can do is to select the champs you like the most. Since you say you own most of them, I assume you've tried them all at least a little bit, so you should have an idea on which kits click for you the best. The biggest mistake people do with their gameplay imo, is to go ahead and play champs they are told are strong, when they may not particularly care for the kit. This means you'll not be playing the champ at 100%, since you don't have fun with it.

So yeah...look more for champs that appeal rather than ones that are merely strong. If it so happens that a strong champ has a kit you enjoy? Great! But don't stock your list of champs full with near-permaban ones like Kha'zix and Blitzcrank. Make sure you have at least one or two backup options.

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

ADC, your minimum is 2 since they might take your main.
Support, you want at least 4 minimum because the game is very different depending on your ADC and the enemy team.

You need about 5 different champs to make a passable top/mid because of countering etc. Even if you can't win your lane, you want champs that can at least hold out until mid game.

Jungle you only need about 2 in case your main gets taken.

This is only to a "passable" level though. Friends who I consider "True" top/mid players have mastered over 30 champs and are well learnt in the art of counter-picking, both 1v1 in lane and counter-picking in terms of team comp.

Champs with AOE CC, ultra-high burst Assasins, Karthus, all good champs to learn. (Karthus is a great mid if they have Jax, Xin and Leona and their mid is not particularly strong against you. Comps like that hate Karthus. etc)

Zinzon

02-15-2013

top: blitz, heimer
mid: blitz, heimer
jungler: blitz, heimer
support:blitz heimer
ADC: hum i really dont know