Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric's change to his armor aura? Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OtakuWrath

02-15-2013

This isn't going to get people to buy that over expensive armor on Taric or anyone else. People are building HP to tank because it's cheaper than armor and magic resist most of the time and it counters all types of damage AD/AP tower damage and even true damage.

Sure it's a nerf people really wanted because for some reason if a support does something a little useful it needs to be nerfed right away because you know all those OP supports running around with all those "useful" aura items being unkillable under turrets taking on an entire team by themselves.

Might as well rework all supports into an actual role instead of a healbot dedicated to building all those items nobody really cares enough about to buy but they'll shove them off on the support along with his GP10 items and endless wards. People are already testing the waters with characters like Darius and Teemo support bottom lane.

I don't really care what they do to supports anymore, I dropped that boring role and went to a real role. Let someone else be the team mascot.

"Omg ward tribush!"
"The ward went down hurry up and place a new river ward!"
"Wtf terrible support letting me die"
"Wtf buy aegis"
"Why did you recall!? I don't care if you needed to buy wards or GP10"
"Hurry up and heal me!"
"Omg stun them!"
"Why are you out of mana!?"
"Supports so OP better nerf"

I refuse to deal with this any longer.

Deielleye

02-15-2013

Quote:
OtakuWrath:
This isn't going to get people to buy that over expensive armor on Taric or anyone else. People are building HP to tank because it's cheaper than armor and magic resist most of the time and it counters all types of damage AD/AP tower damage and even true damage.

Sure it's a nerf people really wanted because for some reason if a support does something a little useful it needs to be nerfed right away because you know all those OP supports running around with all those "useful" aura items being unkillable under turrets taking on an entire team by themselves.

Might as well rework all supports into an actual role instead of a healbot dedicated to building all those items nobody really cares enough about to buy but they'll shove them off on the support along with his GP10 items and endless wards. People are already testing the waters with characters like Darius and Teemo support bottom lane.

I don't really care what they do to supports anymore, I dropped that boring role and went to a real role. Let someone else be the team mascot.

"Omg ward tribush!"
"The ward went down hurry up and place a new river ward!"
"Wtf terrible support letting me die"
"Wtf buy aegis"
"Why did you recall!? I don't care if you needed to buy wards or GP10"
"Hurry up and heal me!"
"Omg stun them!"
"Why are you out of mana!?"
"Supports so OP better nerf"

I refuse to deal with this any longer.

Honest I play support and i all i hear when i play is "[Enter Support Name Here] Carry OP" supports do have a role to play just gotta set up the kills for people.

Lanceress

Recruiter

02-15-2013

It feels more like riot likes to reward people for more aggressive play styles than ones that are more passive. Such as Sona's Healing aura getting constantly nerfed or Soraka as well.

I feel riot should be more clear and tell us what they do change in balance for champions and their explanation/reasoning for changes. Like Xin needed nerfs which I agree and same as taric for his early game. But I would also like to know their side of the story because it seems like here most people agree that taric's early game can be annoying but it doesnt explain why change how it is in the mid/late game.

Aakesh

02-15-2013

Quote:
Lanceress:
It feels more like riot likes to reward people for more aggressive play styles than ones that are more passive. Such as Sona's Healing aura getting constantly nerfed or Soraka as well.

I feel riot should be more clear and tell us what they do change in balance for champions and their explanation/reasoning for changes. Like Xin needed nerfs which I agree and same as taric for his early game. But I would also like to know their side of the story because it seems like here most people agree that taric's early game can be annoying but it doesnt explain why change how it is in the mid/late game.

Riot over all hates passive supports all the passive ones have been nerf nonstop and the kill lane ones have gotten slap on wist over all.

Noric

02-15-2013

Quote:
Pitufito Dell:
I think that it should be...

Passive: Taric has increased 10/11/12/13/14% armor, granting the same amount to his allies. Also, Taric gains additional 5/9/13/17/20 flat armor. This bonus is lost when Taric activate this ability.

In this way, you get an incentive to stack armor, but the flat ammount is not that big.... really idk

I like this one.

Yohan Leafheart

02-15-2013

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
You want him to give a 60 armor aura at 200 armor?

So top at 20%, but I mean it should scale. Taric's problem is not his late game is his early lane dominance. He makes the lane safe as heaven with his aura and stun. So 30 armor at level 9 is huge, 30 armor at level 18 is not

Faptain Teemo

02-15-2013

So I don't play Wukong supp to counter Taric no more? Aw

Soiyeruda

02-15-2013

Quote:
Yohan Leafheart:
So top at 20%, but I mean it should scale.t

You want him to give a 40 armor aura at 200 armor?

All I'm saying is, rather than throwing out random values, why not actually put some thought into your numbers? 10% at 200 armor is still 20 armor, which is still a decent chunk of survivability. On top of this, he has a lot of other utility in his kit that made 30 armor look like overkill.

Vsin

02-15-2013

I honestly find it funny that Taric's armour aura used to be called weak and unnoticeable. Then again, that was back in the day when casting Shatter caused you to lose the aura.