Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric's change to his armor aura? Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkstar792

02-15-2013

I think that this nerf to Taric will be a little too much. If anything, I think think that it should go off of 15 or even 20% of his armor so he can even be useful throughout the whole match.

Yohan Leafheart

02-15-2013

Quote:
Darkstar792:
I think that this nerf to Taric will be a little too much. If anything, I think think that it should go off of 15 or even 20% of his armor so he can even be useful throughout the whole match.

Yeah, they should tweak a bit the numbers, honestly, from what I see the problem with taric lies on the early levels, a 20 armor aura at level 5 is ridiculous. A 20% of his armor would solve it completely. Honestly, I think they should scale the percentage, negating the dominance early game but without completely falling late game. Something like 8/13/18/23/30% of his armor, or another number like that

Lanceress

Recruiter

02-15-2013

Quote:
Yohan Leafheart:
Yeah, they should tweak a bit the numbers, honestly, from what I see the problem with taric lies on the early levels, a 20 armor aura at level 5 is ridiculous. A 20% of his armor would solve it completely. Honestly, I think they should scale the percentage, negating the dominance early game but without completely falling late game. Something like 8/13/18/23/30% of his armor, or another number like that

This would make sense to deal with early game armor dominance and also keep similar numbers late game, by the time taric is level 9 or so (and has level 5 shatter), his shatter aura should give armor values similar to what the live servers currently have (if we go with 30% of his armor at level 5 shatter and he has about 100 armor)

But at level 5 shatter with 30% armor aura, this can be abused as well if taric were to stack armor items after hes done his core build as well. After building all the typical core items on taric and then he gets some armor boosting items to get about 150 armor, a 30% armor aura would give his whole team a free chainvest practically

Xanthian93

02-15-2013

Early game is where the ability is so dominant. I would either have the percentage go up with each level put into it as Yohan said, or reduce the flat values to something a little more reasonable.

Soiyeruda

02-15-2013

Quote:
Yohan Leafheart:

You want him to give a 60 armor aura at 200 armor?

risend

02-15-2013

I agree, nerf his early game, but keep it so his late game scales a bit, but not too much (not 30%, maybe 20%). This will help his late game as he gets more useless as the game goes on.

Soiyeruda

02-15-2013

When did having an armor aura, AD/AP aura, armor shred, guaranteed stun, and heal become useless late game?

Lanceress

Recruiter

02-15-2013

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
When did having an armor aura, AD/AP aura, armor shred, guaranteed stun, and heal become useless late game?

Then you may say the same thing as Sona where she can heal the person and have an aura that gives armor AND MR, an aura that deals damage and gives AD/AP, a mini Reverie Aura, and a stun that can hit all 5 of the enemy champion.

a Fatality

02-15-2013

Shatter changes as is are dubious. Shatter did not need any damage buff, and the desire to have Taric focus more on armor is ridiculous. There is no point to stacking armor at any point beyond mid game. The changes to penetration and the abundance of items with percentage armor penetration make armor stacking completely stupid. Taric is a support, and there is no way that Taric will buy a Thornmail, Randuin and Frozen heart just to get the same usefulness from this skill. Remove the damage portion and stop giving champions any ability that scales off of armor until you fix the percent penetration problem.

Pitufito Dell

02-15-2013

I think that it should be...

Passive: Taric has increased 10/11/12/13/14% armor, granting the same amount to his allies. Also, Taric gains additional 5/9/13/17/20 flat armor. This bonus is lost when Taric activate this ability.

In this way, you get an incentive to stack armor, but the flat ammount is not that big.... really idk