Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too many Amumu bans! He needs a counter!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeanieYuss

02-15-2013

Amumu can engage small Skirmishes with his bandage toss, and initiate teamfights with his ult. I don't Think Amumu is op, but he is definitely worth banning. The only reason that Amumu is so banworthy right now is that there is no counterplay.

We need a champ that can Disengage from small skirmishes when he bandages, someone who can mitigate or heal his AOE damage that he puts out, and to disengage teamfights when he ults.

Wait a minute... Something tells me that this champion already exists. That's right! I remember now, Its Janna!

(Ha Ha! you all thought you were clicking on a "Nerf Amumu" thread, when all along it was a cleverly disguised "Buff Janna" Thread)

Let's face it. Janna took a few too many nerfs lately. Lets take a look.

V1.0.0.144:
Zephyr:
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 0.8.

IMO this was the silliest of all the nerfs. Support Janna doesn't build nearly enough AP to take advantage of the High AP ratio. There are plenty of support items in Season 3 that give AP (Including the new Ohlmwrecker), but they don't give nearly enough to justify this nerf. Not to mention this nerf was implemented long before season 2 even ended

AP Janna is an obscure pick (Quite a good pick IMO, but my teammates don't seem to agree, so I rarely get to play her). She had High AP ratios, but her low damage prevented her from being accepted by the majority of the playerbase (AKA the metasheep). She definitely didn't deserve a nerf.

Zephyr:
Passive movement speed reduced at earlier ranks to 4/7/10/13/16% from 8/10/12/14/16%.
Slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4.

This nerf was OK. I like maxing W early on Janna. It makes warding easy, and it gives her some reliable harass. The nerf at early ranks is a minor inconvenience, but it hardly counts as "breaking" Janna.

Monsoon: cooldown increased at earlier ranks to 150/135/120 from 120 seconds at all ranks.
Knock back distance reduced to 875 from 1000.

They went too far on this one. One of these would've been a healthy nerf, but combined it hurts janna too much.

Eye of the Storm: Attack damage bonus is now lost if the shield breaks.

This Nerf made sense. Janna's supposed to have a weak early game. Before the nerf, all she had to do was shield the ADC, and let the ADC do all the work, she was just there for moral support. With this nerf, Janna has to try in the Laning phase. now she has to rely on zoning with her W and Autoattacks insted of just shielding the ADC, and sitting in a bush.

"Okay, we get it! they over-nerfed Janna what are they supposed to do about it?"

Well, the simplest way would be to revert some of the nerfs. They should definitely revert the AP ratio nerf on her W. I think reverting the Knockback range on her Ult would be sufficient as well.

Another way is to giver her new buffs.

V3.02:
Janna's basic attack should now feel more responsive.

This is a step in the right direction. With the new Pickpocket mastery, Supports are encouraged (now, more than ever) to harass with basic attacks. A good option would ber to buff her Autoattack range to be closer to her W range.

They could also rework her passive to giver her an incentive to auto attack. Janna is a very mobile support. An Idea would be to give her a passive like Stakik shiv, where she moves around to build up damage on her next auto attack.

A Pillòw

02-15-2013

It's called cleanse. But his ult isn't really the worst part. It's once he gets a Rylai's and just cries all over the place, slowing everyone around him and doing % based damage.

Thief of Space

02-15-2013

Amumu is one of those champions with a kit that stands out above most others, nerfing his kit can lead to either crippling it or barely change him. I heard in the PBE, his ultimate got a small damage boost, but the range was cut to 550 from 600. He is crazy with items like RoA, Rylais and abyssal for the defense and AP it gives him.

I have him, but I feel dirty if I use him to stomp a normal blind pick game.

Peligrad

02-15-2013

Amumu is just so hard to counter play.

And every part of his kit is amazing.

%hp damage aura AMAZING
Low cd, long range stun with gap closer AMAZING
flat damage reduction with AoE that resets when attacked AMAZING
Ult that ties up entire teams and prevents them from attacking AMAZING
Passive that make your target easier to kill for you and your teammates AMAZING

He's not like most of the other champions who have one or more skills that you look at it and go...well..."its ok" or "rank 1 is just as good as rank 5 for this" .

I feel like Amumu is still a little on the strong side because of it too...

Technician Tim

02-15-2013

you could have a bruiser take cleanse, adc get a QSS and build it into the bf sword+QSS thing (so he can still have good damage while taking a MR item), and have the support build a crucible, boom mumu ults, both carrys and your bruiser are free

its not 100% but it allows for an interesting counter-initiation if you have a sona, galio or something

Autocthon

02-15-2013

Buy quicksilver. Amumu is now countered. (Alternatively use cleanse)

Ansate

02-15-2013

Quote:
kingcharles07:
its not 100% but it allows for an interesting counter-initiation if you have a sona, galio or something

We're also talking about a game where the counter culture isn't ripe here. Instead of working to counter the problem, they whine about it while continuing their 0 defense build.

Though in all honesty, Amumu's R is just THE game changer for a team and can destroy so easily. I think if the duration was dropped just a little it wouldn't be too bad, from 2 to 1.5. Then at least it allows for a bit more responsiveness from both sides.

KazaLyn Shao

02-15-2013

Amumu has always been on the OP list. His kit is just too good. I'd rather see him nerfed into the ground than his current form, which effectively forces you to save a ban slot for him. His ultimate range is way too big. It's more than a lane's worth of width and even does amazing damage. Never mind the fact that it essentially sets up your team for a second AoE damage ult, which let's the opponent win the game with the pressing of 2 R buttons. If a champion is that game changing, why just leave him? Blitz was game changing too. Still is, in fact, but he's been nerfed. Now they're nerfing Nidalee of all champions, when Amumu is 10x worse. I think Riot needs to reexamine their priorities.

Peligrad

02-15-2013

And you shouldn't have to spend 5k team gold on items and burn SSs on a super low priority role like the jungler...

Especially when that Jungler is building full tank...

You should itemize against carries... the fact that any amumu, whether he's 5/0 or 0/5 requires you to itemize against him is obnoxious...

Technician Tim

02-15-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:
And you shouldn't have to spend 5k team gold on items and burn SSs on a super low priority role like the jungler...

Especially when that Jungler is building full tank...

You should itemize against carries... the fact that any amumu, whether he's 5/0 or 0/5 requires you to itemize against him is obnoxious...

you should ALWAYS be counterbuilding for whatever their team brings to the table

if they have mumu, nunu, and MF, getting all those cleanse items allows you to break out of 3 ults,