Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor Gameplay feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEagleEye

02-15-2013

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
Vault definitely does not need to proc marks, and it's not necessary on Blinding Assault, which deals good damage. E-auto-Q is a lot of burst that leaves the enemy carry only able to fight back with skills.

Making it pass through enemies is just going to make it an old Ezreal Essence Flux, albeit slightly weaker. If you're going to do either of those changes, then you have to remove the blind or at least make it more difficult to apply.

I'm assuming this is counter play. Considering the ability is essentially worth 2.5 auto attacks.

The second cast in an execution. Optimally (to use the second cast), you'll want to use this ability to get in range on a low health target in order to burst them down with the second cast. For what it is, it's versatile.

Also, the burst is balanced in the sense that it doesn't increase from Quinn, it's just easier to get all of your damage onto a target because everything becomes targeted.

The thing about her ultimate is that it's not something you cast at the start of a fight. You use it more near the end when you need it to escape and catch, as you've already mentioned. Another use, though not as efficient due to the high cooldown, is abusing the 80% AS to split push turrets down really fast.

Q proccing the mark is because alot of the time the mark is placed on a champ out of AA range.
If it were to pass through units (it would actually be like a caitlyn Q) then id suggest it only blinds the first target it.

Im not against being stunned mid-way throught the ability.
But im looking for consistency. With other movement abilities, the stun does not affect the movement because it has happened while the movement is occuring. It should be the same for vault. Stunned before the ability, or after, normal. Stunned during it, its applied after you have vaulted off.
Still counter-play, just more consistent with similar movement abilities (ie, stunned mid-way through flash, or a Sejuani charge, etc etc)

My point if, if your playing with quinn, against lets say, Riven, where not even E will be enough to escape, having the option to double tap R within quick succession to quickly finish her off is better then being forced to R, run away, wait for CD's and then MAYBE jump back in for the kill.

I know these little things with her ult. They are awesome. I just feel the restriction that you tag-team to Valor and then immediately to Quinn within a couple of seconds a bit to restrictive.
As it is now, if you want to execute quickly cause your both low, You want to be using R to escape, wait for CD's and then jump back in from somewhere else. In that time a TF or Noc or Panth ult can just ruin that. Id like the option to get the execute right then and their.
Kinda like how when talon ults, he can press R or auto-attack immediately to call the daggers back in.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEagleEye

02-15-2013

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
Where are people getting the idea that Valor deals a lot more burst? He has more attack speed, but he doesn't get any damage bonuses over Quinn when using Vault or Blinding Assault.

Its from the sheen damage im assuming

But then again Quinn can use sheen just as effectively.

Quote:
Krueger 404:
The way I see it, Its Quinn who has the really strong burst damage. Try letting Val mark a target then hit AA -> E -> AA for a quick double proc of her passive. It does a hell of a lot of spike damage.

Valor on the other hand has really good sustained damage. Permanent 80% AS for the duration, with a PB AoE, gap closer and slow to boot. That's not really a bursty kit. It just feels bursty because the attack speed is so high and it shreds if you build glass cannon.

I see that is pretty much correct. However Valor seems more bursty because E and Q do the same damage. And unlike Quinn E, Valor stays in melee range, thus is attacking for longer, and attacking faster.
Technically, it would be more damage over less time.But its not as bursty as the AA-E-AA combo