Tips on getting out of low elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FUN STOPS NOW

Master Recruiter

02-15-2013

just trying to get out of low elo, i have been playing al ot of xin jungle and that got me up 2 divisions but i'm slowing down again any help would be nice.
Main jungle and mid

Calarrow

02-15-2013

1. Duo que is chocolate. It's always beneficial to have 1 other person you know won't dc. 2. Counterpick, use the knowledge of the other team's comp to your advantage. 3. Get the Warring Kingdoms skin. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls.

BallSagett

02-15-2013

Gank...and let other people get the guaranteed kills. If your good enough to not be in the division, you shouldn't need to be fed to do well. Let the baddies on your team get fed so that they can't do wrong. Be vocal with pings, they are more effective then typing. Not that i'm high elo but i just started playing ranked :P

Cenerae

02-15-2013

Play who you're best with. It's really that simple.

If you're slowing down and can't seem to climb any higher, it may be that you've gotten as far as you can with your current skills - which means you should consider looking back on each game and asking yourself what you could have done better. Yes, even when you win. Erasing your mistakes with gradual understanding of how to stop making them will help even more than just playing your best champs.

Nuke Cloud

02-15-2013

1: don't rage. When you nerd rage you ruin the focus of whoever your raging at which means your just asking to lose

2: Don't pick a champ cause he's a sheep ban or people say he's op. If you not good with a champ no matter how op they are your just going to be a waste of space.

3: Don't play Shen or let others play Shen. Only about 1% of the people who play shen make him worth noting and uses all his skills effectively and not run circles behind the adc.

4: Master a Multi Role Champ. You will get nerd ragers who will only play one way and will go out of their way to play that role even if it means tossing the game in the process.

5: Don't ping spam. It might make you feel better to spam ping the noob who's ingoring your pings but it's just really annoying and blinds the mini map so the noob your spamming at can't see why your spam pinging.

6: Turn off bloodlust. I know it's annoying to watch that one hp champ get away. but if you gotta face plant 4 of them to try and get that one your death isn't worth it especaily late game when your respawn timer is 1 minute.

7: Focus Fire. Sometimes people don't want to hit the person who's leg your humping so switch and help burn down whoever their attacking.

8: Kill Stealing is a myth. If your holding back cause you think kill stealing is wrong. All your going to do is get your team mate killed cause the other team isn't going to hold back on you.

9: Don't give up. If you give up everytime the game looks bad for you pretty soon you stop trying 5 mins into the game and become a waste of space.

10: Try new things. Just because you don't have a support or jungle doesn't mean you auto lose. If people are playing their best with their best champs they will steam roll a perfect set up.

11: Don't worry about counter picks. Let them counter pick you and play champs they may not be the best with. If you skill level is much higher with your champ vers the person who counter picked you then you will eat them.

12: Mute Nerd Ragers. You got someone working on their first heart attack and spaming chat. Hold down the tab key and click the little chat bubble accross from their champ and get the peace and focus you need to play your best.

That should take some of the pain out of climbing the ranking. Hope it helps ^.^

Devious Rogue

02-15-2013

Perhaps you are approaching the ELO that properly reflects your skills?

Also, duo queue. Find good players and team up with them. I too, main Xin Jungle. II regularly duo with a friend who specializes in top lane. He knows over 30 top lane champs and has only lost lane once out of over 100 games. He lets focus more on helping other lanes win since I don't have to worry about him.