Did he really deserve to be punished?

Yes 12 85.71%
No 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Another auto-punish case.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MysticMikeLiquel

02-15-2013

Alot of threads on here about unjust punishes in Tribunal, here's my two-cents.

Do tell me why this guy got punished, and how it was an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6215733/#nogo

Game 1: It's an Aram. Seriously? HE got reported for "trolling" cause he did bad in an ARAM. 'Nuff said.

Game 2: Was a little whiny but who cares, whining isn't a reason to punish someone. Also was obviously reported just for trolling cause he jungled Annie. Peopel assuemd he was trolling just cause....youtube SivHD jungle annie shes a legit jungler.

Game 3: Maokai was the toxic one here...and while he did start getting sucked into the arguments he did decide he was gonna let it go and stop bickering. A very mature thing to do.

Game 4: He was KS-trolled in a bot game. That happening to one is not an uncommon occurance, and it's infuriating. HE even didn't resort to being mean and well, I kinda felt sorry for him here. He was having a bad day, and Sona was just trolling it up.....why would he even be punished here.....

Game 5: He was caught with duo-queue trolls....nuff said.

Arktik

02-15-2013

I probably could have gone either way.

Yeah, he got matched with idiots, but reacting to them is just as bad. He should have just kept his mouth shut and reported them post match.

MysticMikeLiquel

02-15-2013

But should it be PUNISHABLE?

Arktik

02-15-2013

Yes, it should be. Regardless of the reason, he did retaliate and starting abusing teammates. Not very aggresively, but it's still abuse.

MysticMikeLiquel

02-15-2013

If the things he said, in your opinion, were really THAT bad....allI can say is you need some thicker skin...

This guy was punished for no reason. You may be next...as may I. The tribunal is flawed.

Shelzin

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMikeLiquel View Post
Game 1: It's an Aram. Seriously? HE got reported for "trolling" cause he did bad in an ARAM. 'Nuff said.
No... Or rather... I don't know the reason why he got reported in Aram, but it doesn't matter if it was Aram or not if he breaks the code.

With that said... I would have let it go.

Quote:
Game 2: Was a little whiny but who cares, whining isn't a reason to punish someone. Also was obviously reported just for trolling cause he jungled Annie. Peopel assuemd he was trolling just cause....youtube SivHD jungle annie shes a legit jungler.
Wouldn't have punished for this game either.

Quote:
Game 3: Maokai was the toxic one here...and while he did start getting sucked into the arguments he did decide he was gonna let it go and stop bickering. A very mature thing to do.
Yeah... I wouldn't have punished. But honestly this would put me on the edge. Using the tribunal as a weapon while a game is going does not please me. There is no reason to do that other than to try to piss someone off.

I'm still going to the next case though... Hope this is all he did.

Quote:
Game 4: He was KS-trolled in a bot game. That happening to one is not an uncommon occurance, and it's infuriating. HE even didn't resort to being mean and well, I kinda felt sorry for him here. He was having a bad day, and Sona was just trolling it up.....why would he even be punished here.....
Twisted Fate [00:31:19] no more stealin *****hhh

I'm done... Punish. Because it's in the forums and not a case I'm doing I'll go to the next game...

Quote:
Game 5: He was caught with duo-queue trolls....nuff said.
Eh... But he also has problems playing within a team. Obviously.

Singed [00:28:22] LEARN TO PLAY
Twisted Fate [00:28:28] you learn to play
Twisted Fate [00:28:31] 1 vs 3?
Tristana [00:28:32] no fed other team men
Twisted Fate [00:28:36] dont do that
Singed [00:28:43] You should be there before me!
Tristana [00:28:46] please
Singed [00:28:52] So we get easy triple kills dont let them have our altars
Singed [00:28:55] we can easily take them

Eh... No singed... No... See you group... And... If the group isn't there, you don't engage. Go to where your group is. Or you can die a lot. Which... you did... o.0

LargeSnorlax

02-15-2013

Strange how people can have such widely varying degrees of "what happened" in game based on the bias of the point they're trying to prove.

#1: Game 1: It's an Aram. Seriously? HE got reported for "trolling" cause he did bad in an ARAM. 'Nuff said.

Our prize winner starts off the game with the first thing he says:

Brand [00:04:43] TEAM SUCSK
Brand [00:04:52] How are yo uso ba- oh wait he ahve no tank

Attaboy! That'll encourage your team! He proceeds to talk **** in all chat the rest of the game in an aram, whining about "ksing", whining about "op champs", and everything under the sun. As one of his team members would put it: "we don't care brand, stop spamming chat."

After reading that log, there's about 0% chance he was reported for 'sucking in an aram'.

#2 - Oh lord, quoting streamers to try to make a point. Also, I kind of laugh, since this guy is OBVIOUSLY you, why are you trying to act like it's someone else? Annie raves about SivHD jungle all game, as do you. Please don't try to pass off your own card as someone else's, it just looks silly.

Not too bad of a game though - Played jungle annie and sucked. No crime against that unless your team disagreed with it to start, and obviously they didn't.

#3 - Holy **** you talk a lot. Again, that's not punishable, but it sure is annoying. Using the tribunal as a beat stick to try and make Mao gank for you more is just sad though.

At this point, it's still a pardon but it's HEAVILY leaning towards a punish. Let's see what's in the other 2.

#4 - Again, you are literally crying nonstop all game in a BOT game, complaining about your team "ksing" you. Come on now.

#5 - Singed [00:14:06] Guys you know hteres a spanish server right

You call your team idiots. Your team says to shut up - You threaten to report them. (lol) You then harass them all game because you don't like them.

Honestly, I'm surprised this one was "Overwhelming" - But it is a punish for sure. Another case of "If this guy just talked half as much as he did about important things in the game instead of threatening to report people and saying they suck, it would've been a pardon".

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

1) I like playing ARAMs and ARABs. I don't think it matters that the game was an ARAM or an ARAB, because he was still ruining everyone else's fun. The purpose of the Tribunal is not to merely weed out "toxic" players from "competitive" game modes, but to remove them from the playerbase. This includes more casual game modes such as ARAM and Co-Op vs AI, as well as 3s and Dominion. Just because he wasn't playing on Summoner's Rift doesn't make him immune to being reported. Now, that being said, all I can say about him in the first game is that he was helluvannoying, so I wouldn't punish on that.

2) I've said this before, but the burden of communication lies upon those that attempt to usurp the meta. I do not dislike people trying to innovate, but it doesn't change the fact that the meta is something that has become expected. Now, beyond that I thought he could have communicated his choice to his team better, game two wasn't horrible either. Again, he's annoying, but that isn't punishable alone.

3) I find that I'm punishing for more and more attempted uses of the Tribunal as a weapon. Its irritating to see people using what you think is something to clean up the community as a means to dirty it, and I probably would have punished out of anger here. Again, he's annoying.

4) Here's where I draw the line. You stop from being annoying and transform into whiny and aggressive, possibly the worst combination of the passive/aggressive - whiny/commanding axis I use for reported players.

5) I think we're done here. Complete and utter harassment.