Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MSF72

02-15-2013

So I just dodged a game, because of a Malphite instalock... When the player couldn't play Malphite. He just instalocks Malph because he's not banned, then asks who he's swapping with. Doesn't end up swapping with anyone, but then states that he can't play Malphite and we're without a jungler at this point. I waited it out til the 1 second mark and nobody dodges. So I did. I find that I'm -5 in my division with a 30 minute wait time. What gives? I've had to dodge twice today for idiotic things like this, and I'm being punished for savoring my time and LP when I know I probably would have lost some anyway. I would have rather just played it out and been 0 instead of -5 with something to occupy my time if this were the case... This needs to be changed. Vote this up for attention please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrykonik

02-15-2013

Really a dodge should give you the value of a loss for that game. Sadly it does not. You ruin 9 other people's experience by dodging because you are looking to get carried. Simply put these players are on both sides and what you're doing hurts others in the game simply because you don't believe in your own ability to win with the team you have at hand with no real evidence of this actually being true.

Really I think dodging ranked should make you just lose the right to play for the day and give you loss of your MMR as if you lost the game. It would be a more fitting punishment.