TIL I do not have the patience for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinRG

02-14-2013

So I've been up for promotion to silver 1 about 5 times now. Leading up to it I would get teams that picked champions that worked well together (had synergy), teams that communicated well, and teams that were overall positive people and encouraged others more than put them down.

Well, lo and behold - each and every single time I would be up for promotion I would suddenly get this pollution of toxic players that all said 'GG' if we ever lost first blood or were 1-2 kills down, constantly *****ed at other players when they weren't performing their best (even though these players are generally if not always terrible themselves and have no idea how to work as a team), and overall made the entire game a negative experience, eventualy demoralising every member of the team so much that we suffocated under the inevitable loss.

I was told that ranked is a patience game. While you will get these teams from time to time (I just must be super lucky), playing enough games will ensure you are matched with the more positive players more often and your rating will eventually even out to where it belongs.

This week I decided to really dive in deep and play ranked as many hours each day as I could, brushing off the losses, and plowing on after a clutch win.

Today was super spectacular. I got nothing but negative people on my team all day, and went from a promotion to silver 1 to be all the way demoted to silver 3. Every single game I was helpless - literally. My team would feed, rage, and have already turned on each other by the 10 minute mark every single time. And I kid you not, every single game when it reached 20mins or just after, I would be cornered into a 4v1 surrender.

Now probability tells me that my luck should turn around and I should get a streak of positive teams therefore leading to a win streak. Well, after literally a weeks worth of my time being invested only to not only not reach my goal, but to be shoved back an entire lower division, all through no fault of my own.

I call bull****. And I'm sorry, but if that's what I get for a weeks worth of hard work then I really don't see the motivation in continuing.

TL;DR - String of bad luck led me to being bumped from silver 1 promotion to silver 3 after a weeks worth of playing. The only way to break the Russian Roulette of ranked is to literally have no job and play all day every day.

FiRE MANiC

02-14-2013

That just seems like bad luck.

brolax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Ranked is the place that league of legends players' dreams go to die. Play the game, and don't care how much "better" you are than most players. This will make your game play experience all the better.

Antique Doll

02-15-2013

I made it to silver II today! I felt like a time traveler! I was there yesterday!

iCanTryToLift

02-15-2013

When the new system started, I won 2 silver division 1 matches just to lose all my LP in one game.. Then it went downhill due to trolls and I was stuck in D2 for about 1-2 weeks, it can take awhile....

iCanTryToLift

02-15-2013

I recommend finding a good playmate when you are in your series, less chances of terrible allies with terrible attitudes.