New Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I'm no math guy, so anyone figured out a new optimal rune page for Akali?
I'm thinking of going spellvamp quints, but still iffy about reds, debating whether or not hybrid pen are worth it. Also thinking about ad/lvl reds.
Anyone else that would benefit from hybrid marks and a similar setup as akali?
I would have the ip for them but don't really see the benefit for such a large cost.

Mickey the Mouse

02-14-2013

I would not take spellvamp quints on Akali. She basically receive's her own spell vamp for free. I'd start taking things that can help her survive early game rather than try to sustain it. Movementspeed is something to consider so top Akalis may get in and out for last hits, but for mid Akali's you may want to consider additional magic resistance or go back to movement speed again when fighting things like talon.

From there, spam your lifesteal up by attempting to early buy a hextech gunblade, or you can gain some lifesteal while still increasing the spell vamp by going an early vampiric.

However, with the changes to Akali, she now becomes the standard meta in which role you take her when it comes to runes. However, due to her average scaling and more dependant on simply stacking her abilities on the opponent for frequent bursts, she is more likely to see better early game by replacing her quints with survival only, not AP.

Pobbes

02-14-2013

I used to run spellvamp quints on akali when running her in the jungle. I think that is still a very viable strategy for using her since smite provides a noticeable chunk in sustain that way. However, I wouldn't bother with spellvamp quints on lane akali. I'd probably focus on survivability. To be honest, I've never focused too much on penetration for akali in terms or runes. Her flat stats provide so much more thanks to her passive that I probably wouldn't swap away from them. I might focus on AD or AP on your preference, but I don't think penetration is ideal for rune choices.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Guess I'll keep my ad and ap/lvl then. Think I will still experiment with spellvamp quints tho, as I am doing with Morde, aiming at being an immovable object staying in lane almost indefinitely (until Riot decides that the 9-12 pot start is too strong). I'd consider spellvamp as survivability, and haven't so far had any trouble with surviving early game (you can always rune for flat armor / mr if needed against early burst champs) with just pots, especially against mana users who will inevitably go oom if they try to get into a harass war with you.
I will still put off buying hybrid pen marks, don't see the cost-to-benefit ratio strong enough yet.