I am trying... I really am.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShowgunnSamurai

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin the Hurt View Post
What? Just be better. Play better. That's all it takes. Learn the mechanics, learn the game. There aren't specific things that you do, league is a matter of not doing things- not exchanging in bad scenarios, not buying bad items, not getting poor runes, not fighting bad. You win games bynot making mistakes while exploiting the mistakes. ELO is not a measure of your skill... so to speak... it is in essence a recording of the number of mistakes you make. The lower division the more mistakes. Start fixing the mistakes, the elo rises
So how do you fix four other peoples mistakes?

Zinzon

02-15-2013

Play champions you like. At a point, any position you will be you will end up carrying or be a huge factor of the team success.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE:

Low elo: skill > team.
HIgher elo: skill < team.

YoungGoN4v5

02-15-2013

Why is this an issue? You guys keep bringing up the whole AFKers and trolls and whatnot. It is just simply ridiculous. You build up this imaginary world where no one can get out of bronze. I am getting tired of testing the mettle of you who think that your skill is so much higher. I have faced 40 of you in an attempt to find out if one of you was really better. And everyone has failed. The mistakes of others don't matter. Your skill is all that is important. Focusing on others mistakes is like trying to change the weather, it is just simply a natural occurrence that you have to weather. There are some games that with a team that are unwinnable. That's a given. But these things all balance out. Having control of (shall we say for simplicity) 20% of a game is a huge thing. When you match yourself to your opponents, the teams are almost5 to 10% in skill. Teams are closely matched, unless you are playing ranked teams of course :P thats a whole different ball game. But back to this. The manipulation of 20% of your ecosystem influences the game beyond imagine. The better you are the more you dominate the game. The more you dominate, and when you don't harass, the more people listen to you. Just as a lane can snowball out of control because of well timed small, but increasingly successful plays, so to can your shot calling. A single person in any role has the ability to do this and win the game for their team. To suggest otherwise is to suggest that no part of the ELO system is valid. If that is true, than just off my own sample size of 40+ bronze players, why have none gotten anywhere close to beating me? How do I fix the mistakes of four others? I weather their mistakes, and instead of griping about things that I can't change I find things that I can. And that, gents, is why I am not in bronze. Not cause of luck. Because of determination and skill.

ROKAF JE

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
If you want to win, stop trying to carry.

The fact of the matter is, most of the people you play with have a skill level similar to yours.
Let someone else carry and do your best to ensure that someone does carry.
Expanding on this a little bit - get your team fed. Get the overall gold advantage.
Make sure your team has Runic Bulwark, Locket and Shurelya's.
If you have to build all 3, who cares. These are game winning items and you'll rake in assists like a madman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowgunnSamurai View Post
By capitalizing on the FIVE other peoples mistakes that you're playing against.
P.S. your team mates are saying "How do we fix ShowgunnSamurai's mistakes?" at the same time you're saying it. You make some too, and they notice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Sometimes, you just get outplayed and lose a game. You can't expect a 100% win rate. That's not realistic. If you're good enough, 55-65%+ is a reasonable expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin the Hurt View Post
The more you dominate, and when you don't harass, the more people listen to you.
Just as a lane can snowball out of control because of well timed small, but increasingly successful plays, so to can your shot calling.
A single person in any role has the ability to do this and win the game for their team. To suggest otherwise is to suggest that no part of the ELO system is valid.
If that is true, than just off my own sample size of 40+ bronze players, why have none gotten anywhere close to beating me?
How do I fix the mistakes of four others?
I weather their mistakes, and instead of griping about things that I can't change I find things that I can.
This post is valid and has my support. You kind of beat me to a couple points
Jerk

YoungGoN4v5

02-15-2013

Lol I have seen you post several times and you have a good head on your shoulders. Whats your main account? Are the guy who hit challenger a few days ago?

Made In China

02-15-2013

If you're stuck with the role of ADC or SUPPORT, try to go for early game champions. This may sound weird at first, but if you are able to get fed early, you'll be able to carry the game as long as you don't mess up in team fights. Late game carries are extremely strong, but there's no point if there is no late game. If you're the support, go for supports that are useful to the laning phases, like Taric who can either opt for an aggressive support or passive. Also..

Try to make the shots. Ask for the jungler to gank, ping dragon, etc. Also, try not to go for baron when it's too risky... It's easy to throw the game like that.

CounterSnipe

02-15-2013

Yeah, ignore your team usually is a good idea because the team generally has no idea what it really needs. People asking for ganks in lanes that can't be ganked, people not warding and blaming jungler, things like that.

I think I used support alistar to get out of low elo, and the one thing I did was not look at chat and just listen to music when I played.

However, I don't like this new matchmaking system at all. In a majority of the ranked games I played today one team had a 2:1 kill count over the enemy team. I feel that match making is somewhat broken now... I just don't like the fact that I lose games because people feed, and I don't like to win games because of that reason either. I mean, I've been at 1400 for a while, and I know the quality of player I usually am matched with or against, but these matches I've been playing after 3.01 have been very bad. It just seems like the general player has no concept of warding when pushing a lane, or how to counter pick. It's quite frustrating actually :\

The Magic Stick

02-16-2013

Here is the biggest tip of all. It is completely foolproof. The true way to get better at the game is trial and error. You have to examine each situation as it is, or was if you use LoL Replay (I recommend this), And see what you could've done better to change the outcome and remember next time. Let's say you are a top lane and your bottom lane's chat before game appears to have a lot of spelling mistakes. It would be smart to grab teleport to secure an early gank after your opponent backs off your lane. Also, a great tip is to be as nice as possible to your teammates. Here are some examples;
Bad teammate: Omg stop feeding noob, [All] REPORT _____ , You suck.
Good teammate: You may have died a few times, but all you can do from now is play the best you can. Hey _____, a good idea is; *insert good tip here* ,

If your teammates are harassing a player on your team, be as nice as possible and say things like this;
Dude, talking badly about your team isn't gonna make them do better.

Its all about the attitude you use while you play. A positive attitude can make a huge difference in your teammates' behavior. I like giving people tips in my game, even if they are on the other team. It makes the game more fun for them and myself knowing I have the satisfaction that I helped someone do better. I hope this guide helped and you have lots more fun in soloqueue!