I am trying... I really am.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OoziHobo

02-14-2013

How do you carry entire teams in Bronze Ranked? Should I insist on one of the solo lanes? I try to be a team player and fill roles that are needed, but when those roles are the support or ADC... I just don't see how I have any real control over the game.

Tips. If we're supposed to be so EXCEPTIONALLY skilled enough to carry trolls and feeders, how do you do it? Which champions? Do you ignore team coordination and just make the best plays within your control? Or do you just play hundreds of games so eventually the trolls and feeders end up on the other team more times than your own?

Skumbag Ryan

02-14-2013

Play Panth Mid or Vayne Adc..

r1c0

02-14-2013

I find playing mid can be helpful when needing to carry a team. I usually can win my lane pretty easily and will start to roam top and bot once I do. Champs like Akali, Ahri, Lux, Nid, Katarina are my most common. I like them because they have pretty good mobility and burst. I will also play Cho'Gath, Panth, Lee Sin, Talon etc if it fits with the team comp.

Try not to get frustrated though. Sometimes even if you do nearly everything correctly, you just can't get over the fact that everyone else on the team is just bad. It sucks, but its just part of playing LOL.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoziHobo View Post
How do you carry entire teams in Bronze Ranked? Should I insist on one of the solo lanes? I try to be a team player and fill roles that are needed, but when those roles are the support or ADC... I just don't see how I have any real control over the game.

Tips. If we're supposed to be so EXCEPTIONALLY skilled enough to carry trolls and feeders, how do you do it? Which champions? Do you ignore team coordination and just make the best plays within your control? Or do you just play hundreds of games so eventually the trolls and feeders end up on the other team more times than your own?
It's called #YOLOQUEUE for a reason :P You either get the good team or bad team.

Try playing with a duo, it's good to have two carries instead of one (assuming the other player is of equal skill), I've never been in bronze but I know what a bad team looks like and it all comes down to your teamwork at the end.

Example:
+ Our team has a lot of CC.
- BUT It's useless if someone keeps initiating and gets the team killed.

+ Make the best plays within your control but be weary of your team.
- Making too many of your own plays may get you killed if you drift and stay far from the team during teamfights/tower controls/objectives

+ Play for fun, you perform better when you just play it like a normal
- Playing it competitively (well, league is competitive) is frustrating but just play a bunch of ranked til' you're used to it like a normal game and I'm sure your elo will balance out where you're supposed to be.

F1CT10N NA

02-15-2013

I would personally recommend trying out jungling to help carry your team- you gain so much more map presence than a solo lane and help out lanes that are struggling. Even just warding for a lane really helps out the laners. Needless to say, ganking will be a great help whether your laner gets the kill or not, you still give people an advantage no matter what. Beware of the typical 'blame the jungler at all times' attitude from solo queue however.

PoisonedPeace

02-15-2013

If you want to win, stop trying to carry.

The fact of the matter is, most of the people you play with have a skill level similar to yours.
Let someone else carry and do your best to ensure that someone does carry.

LoudFootSteps

02-15-2013

Out of pretty much all the games I have played this Season, I have had:

- 2 AFKers on the enemy team
- 1 AFKer on my team
- Plenty of bad people on both mine and the enemy team (Visibly bad, not just bad)
- 1 "Troll" (A Varus was playing properly but didn't buy a single item in the game)

Seriously, I have no problems with trolls, afkers, leavers, bad people, etc.

If someone trolls in champion select, tell them that you don't care and you will report them after the game is done. My friend did this once. A troll literally said he was trolling in champion select, and picked Kassadin with Clairvoyance and Teleport. The entire team said they would report him afterwards. He dodged that match.

In theory, you shouldn't need to carry teams. You should be cooperating with your team as much as possible, and if someone isn't doing so report them. If someone is doing poorly, list their "visible" mistakes and ask them to stop. It is pretty much as simple as that.

YoungGoN4v5

02-15-2013

What? Just be better. Play better. That's all it takes. Learn the mechanics, learn the game. There aren't specific things that you do, league is a matter of not doing things- not exchanging in bad scenarios, not buying bad items, not getting poor runes, not fighting bad. You win games bynot making mistakes while exploiting the mistakes. ELO is not a measure of your skill... so to speak... it is in essence a recording of the number of mistakes you make. The lower division the more mistakes. Start fixing the mistakes, the elo rises

Wonderonous

02-15-2013

Play support, get your adc super fed, just keep them alive all game. Plain and simple.

Tulfrir

02-15-2013

I usually can carry when i mid Zed lol