Liandry's Torment and Blade of the Ruined King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fightin chicken

02-14-2013

I was wondering if Liandry's Torment and Blade of the Ruined King would do well on champions such as Kayle/Teemo since they both deal magic damage with their autoattacks.. I went Nashor's Tooth, Liandry's Torment, and BotRK on Kayle recently but the game didn't last long enough to see how well it did against HP stacking opponents.

Lord Mandible

02-14-2013

BotRK's bonus damage is actually physical but don't let that stop you. I've seen Teemos and Kayles build it and do pretty well with it, especially when coupled with a Runaan's Hurricane. Liandry's I'm not too sure of, at least on Kayle. I'd probably build a Wit's End on her instead. With Teemo on the other hand I've seen it put to great use though you should keep in mind that it doesn't work with his poison shot, just his blinding dart and shrooms. Hope this helps.

Tricit

02-15-2013

Although achieving either a tanky dps build or a full crit build on kayle is preferred, it is conceivable to build both Liandry's Torment and BotRK on either one of them. It's just that the base damage from Kayle's E multiplied by her Q is already so high, that going attack speed is usually best followed by the Infinity edge due to already having high crit from things like Phantom Dancer.

However, the difference between Kayle and Teemo in this circumstance is that both Liandry's Torment and BotRK only works on Kayle's E, because it's active. Where Teemo's E is passive, therefore his autoattacks will only activate the BotRK. Kayle seems to have better synergy from stacking the two. However, a Teemo that knows how to trap for pathing will still see great increase from getting both.

The thing is Kayle, can benefit from both better than Teemo, but has better options. This is because Kayle scales better and overall can turn into a more dangerous champion (along with the fact that she has amazing early game, this makes her a great champ). Teemo is capable of achieving a pretty scary mid-late game, and can use both of these items in it, but he will never see the effective dps+survivability that a Kayle will when considering these items (or any items tbh). But that global taunt and Q blind is very OP.

Pobbes

02-15-2013

Building crit on kayle? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I always build Nashor's into Zephyr with Hurricane, wit's end, or Spirit of the Lizard Elder as a third core item depending on the situation. It seems to work fairly consistently. That being said, I think both would be fairly effective on kayle.

BRK would be good with Hurricane, but i've never really been impressed with it's damage. I would probably lean towards Liandry's for kayle. It would apply to every target in her E splash, she would get the full benefit with the slow on her Q, and the spell pen from Liandry's would help do even more damage after the MR shred from her passive. So, I think overall Liandry's is a better choice.

BRK in fact has an active that is basically less effective than her Q. It's sustain isn't that impressive and neither is it's base stats. Kayle would likely get more survivability from BT or Gunblade. Besides, kayle isn't exactly the sustain type she's an insane burst hyper carry. Still, try it out in a few normals and see how it goes.

Oh Teemo, I build haunting guise>Malady>Hurricane>Deathcap and then guise into Liandry's. It's a hybrid AP/AS and it wrecks faces. However, with boots that's five items and when I game goes long enough I need a sixth item I'm usually getting Warmog's. BRK does better on a champ who is going to be spec armor pen and teemo is not on the list. I think an excellent BRK champ would be someone who already specs hurricane but is a more traditional ADC like Varus.