Deserving of a ban?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sejhtan

Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Oh sure...

See... It doesn't matter how many of the games you have that were good in the five games in the case. If one of them is bad... Then judges vote punish. Straight out... I go from game one to the end. If game one is worthy of a punish vote, then I don't even read the rest of the cases. There is no point.

What you need to understand is you are reported in at LEAST 10% of your total games played. It's likely between 15-25%... But at the very least it's 10... If you have played 200 games since your last warning/ban then at MINIMUM you have had 20 games that you were reported in. We only see five.

So while you may feel like you were shafted by the system... In reality the odds are if you are actually a good person to play with then the system is TRYING to help you not be banned. They give us a small portion of what you were reported on... If you are mostly a good teammate then there is a very high chance we never see anything to punish for.

Edit:

Oh yeah... And this:

Olaf [All] [00:23:52] report mf
Olaf [All] [00:23:53] please

Is stupid to do. Flat out brainless and frankly idiotic to the extreme. Why do you tell people to report someone else, or better yet tell the person you are going to report them? What do you get out of it other than them reporting you too? Logic. Use it. If you are going to report someone... Just shut up and do it. Don't say anything to anyone. Especially the person you are going to report.

Example: If you think I should be reported for thinking you are doing stupid, brainless, and idiotic things then you shouldn't tell me you are going to report me via support. You should just do it and not say a word. Ignore me as if I'm absolutely no help to you what so ever. And then if you keep doing what you are doing in game and you are back a few months from now... Put up your card and I'll tell you just how dumb it was again.
I figured the purpose of the tribunal was to judge based from game to game. Reading one game and hitting punish on all 5 is just the same as the people who spam punish or pardon blindly every one of their judged cases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ladayen

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420xyoloswaqx View Post
Mmm, sad to see who''s behind hitting punish and pardon on the tribunal, I'd want to actually invest my time into a tribunal system that worked and wasn't broken :/

I read the first game. It was over the top and was punishable. The same method is often used in real court as well. If a defendant is brought in with multiple charges (assuming non violent) they will often only charge the person with the most severe one or if similar offenses with the one most provable. The person is only going serve time for one anyhow so why bother wasting everyones time for something thats ultimately not going to matter.

Similar to how prison sentences often run concurrently rather then consecutively, I can only hit the punish button once not up to 5 times. Therefore if there is a clear over the top offense I hit punish and dont bother reading further.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flickerei

Senior Member

02-14-2013

The rest of the games were eh but man 1 and 3 were bad.

Would've punished. If you raged only a little/medium amount in 1 and 3 I would've pardoned, but that was going FAR beyond that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sejhtan

Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickerei View Post
The rest of the games were eh but man 1 and 3 were bad.

Would've punished. If you raged only a little/medium amount in 1 and 3 I would've pardoned, but that was going FAR beyond that.
This is the kind of response I'm looking for, not these troll responses trying to pick a fight.

Thank you for stating why you'd punish, why you wouldn't have punished, and also for reading all 5 games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420xyoloswaqx View Post
I figured the purpose of the tribunal was to judge based from game to game.
That's incorrect. The purpose of the judge is to look through the case, by reading the games, to see if the person reported broke the code. If you did break the code, then the case is voted for "punish"

I'm trying to help you say out of the tribunal just as many here are trying to show you what you did wrong. Take the advise or don't. It's your account.

It's not something you have to agree with. It's not even something you have to like. But it is something you have to deal with. And how you deal with it will determine on whither or not you get banned again. Simple as that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ladayen

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420xyoloswaqx View Post
This is the kind of response I'm looking for, not these troll responses trying to pick a fight.

Thank you for stating why you'd punish, why you wouldn't have punished, and also for reading all 5 games.

Really? Multiple people give you thought out in depth answers and you fall back on the one person that gives you a degree of sympathy. Hey kid turn manmode on and buck up. Stop trying to find someone to hold your hand. Mommies not going to be there all the time.

I will say thanks though for reminding my why I spend as little time as possible on these cases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
I read the first game. It was over the top and was punishable. The same method is often used in real court as well. If a defendant is brought in with multiple charges (assuming non violent) they will often only charge the person with the most severe one or if similar offenses with the one most provable. The person is only going serve time for one anyhow so why bother wasting everyones time for something thats ultimately not going to matter.

Similar to how prison sentences often run concurrently rather then consecutively, I can only hit the punish button once not up to 5 times. Therefore if there is a clear over the top offense I hit punish and dont bother reading further.
You said that much better than I did... Thank ye.


12