Astronaut Teemo Commemorates the Anniversary of LoL!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

space bbang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

would he shoot lasers instead of darts?

Herouu

10-27-2010

its like a big FU in the face,

Thanks for the FULL YEAR OF SUPPORT! Now lets introduce this new legendary skin that you gotta pay for!

atleast release like a cheesy free skin or a 4 win ip or something, jesus

Santhor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

Where are the new Malphite, Taric and Udyr skins then?

cinnabonboy

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchii View Post
would he shoot lasers instead of darts?
yes, he shoots lasers and the shrooms are little satellites.

RoShamPoe

10-27-2010

Happy Anniversary Riot! I'll be honest and say that I've been a big fan of all the folks at Riot since closed beta. (and the ones who've come along since then are great too)

I will say though, I too am disappointed that the skin is either not on sale, or free all together. (or an alternate skin) While you're under no obligation to do this, it would have been super nice and in my mind, the way to go.

Instead, the perception here is that you thought about it, decided it would sell gangbusters, and offered an audio track instead. While a nice track, I'm quite sure most people would prefer in game content.

The funny thing is, while this skin IS awesome, and will undoubtedly sell well, if you had offered it for 50RP, you would have gotten immense good will and indoctrinated a whole HOST of new people buying RP.

Menaboy

Recruiter

10-27-2010

First, AMAZING skin Riot, thanks Picked it up as soon as it was released!

Second, please realize that they are a business so just handing out goodies left and right won't pay the bills.

Third, they have given us an IP boost and free champion weekend for winning at the GDC awards. They have given us IP win boosts for server down times and have already agreed to give us a Rune Page if they win at the Golden Joystick.

Just my little rant on behalf of Riot. Great work guys, and i'm looking forward to the new year!

NinjaRid

10-27-2010

They should have made the Shrooms Flags instead like he was planting a flag on the moon that would have been great...though this is still good i like lol gj riot

john

10-27-2010

His visor is open. I guess Yordles don't need oxygen to survive? And their bodies are extremely decompressed? :P

RoShamPoe

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaboy View Post
First, AMAZING skin Riot, thanks Picked it up as soon as it was released!

Second, please realize that they are a business so just handing out goodies left and right won't pay the bills.
Their growth is clearly excellent. And I'm also someone who regularly supports Riot through the purchase of RP. This is sort of a non-sequitur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaboy View Post
Third, they have given us an IP boost and free champion weekend for winning at the GDC awards. They have given us IP win boosts for server down times and have already agreed to give us a Rune Page if they win at the Golden Joystick.

Just my little rant on behalf of Riot. Great work guys, and i'm looking forward to the new year!
Those freebies were all based on either voting (community support) or compensation (supporting the community). A one year anniversary for a game entirely based off community support seems to fit the criteria you've set out.

Again, not trying to troll, just saying that perception is important in community driven games. And also suggesting that Riot could have earned a super amount of goodwill whilst ALSO encouraging new people to purchase Riot points.

Hak3n

10-27-2010

not even a sale? lol