Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor PBE Feedback Prompts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cha0sniper

02-14-2013

What exactly are the rules for Harrier marking targets? It never quite says. Does it mark all targets within a radius periodically? Does valor fly around and mark targets he thinks you want marked? Is it the closest target every x seconds? How exactly does it work, could we get a few more details for those who haven't tried her yet? (i'm about to go into a custom game to test, but im curious nonetheless)

Nexus Crawler

02-14-2013

Quote:
XxGLOSSxX:
The PBE is unavalible for me....

For me too. I almost hate to admit it but I snuck in anyway and took a peek at Quinn and Valor. The arts not up yet but the basic ability run downs are there. She's not available yet however.

I have to admit I'm pretty curious about her since I love playing Ranged and Siege champions. So yeah basically I took a sneak peek at about the time you posted this Volty.. My bad, but you got me excited for a champion. That hasn't happened since Jayce or Zyra. ^^

Daeim

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Quinn's ingame icon looks odd with the location of the level covering her mouth below the nose, possibly she should face the other way?

NotBuzzJack

02-14-2013

PBE is actually up, but the launcher is displaying incorrectly. Type thereisnourflevel.

BadgerDrool

02-14-2013

Initial feedback after checking her out in a custom. Harrier looks interesting and it was very amusing seeing Valor set up last hits for me. However, the lack of feedback for when to expect him is a bit confusing. Though I have a more important point.

At present Valor doesn't apply the passive until he strikes with his talons. This means that a fast enough reaction time puts you in your AA animation before the passive is up! Requiring you wait a bit longer to proc it for the next AA! Seems silly and not very crisp to me.

I think it'd be fine for really fast reaction times to attack at the same time as the murderhawk.

Daeim

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Valor's vulnerable mark feels like it needs to apply at the beginning on the animation rather than at point of contact with the enemy (even if the animation itself remains unchanged), mark + vault + mark double ups feel very strange in the current format.

There also seems to be some sort of lag effect on the application of the mark to minions if they suddenly move as valor's swooping in, fractionally delaying the application of the mark (and screwing up the attack when you're tailing him for last hitting)

SkipThree

02-14-2013

does tag team go on cooldown on first or second cast?

Solari Brigadier

02-14-2013

Quote:
Volty:

I am eagerly awaiting a huge tide of feedback about all aspects of her kit, animations, visual effects, sounds, and VO, based on your playtest experiences. I'm also anticipating bug reports, of course. But please here allow me to focus your attention on a couple of areas where feedback will be particularly valuable, both playing as Quinn and Valor and against them:

I very much love Quinn and Valor's VOs and animations. Though I may say, her mouth doesn't move when she speaks (not sure if intended).

1. Harrier target selection and frequency
Harrier is something I'm very interested to see your responses to. Please be as complete as possible when describing situations where Harrier was either satisfying or dissapointing. When is Harrier creating the best gameplay? When does it fall short of expectations? Please describe how it feels to play against Harrier--I expect that this mechanic does create meaningful play and counterplay for both parties in a lot of (not all) situations..

If I counted correctly, the mark has about a 6 second cooldown, and the mark itself lasts about 5 seconds? I thought it was fairly good timing, if maybe rushing me slightly (but I don't play a lot of ADC, so maybe that's just my mechanics). Interestingly, my cs score on Quinn is much better than I would have expected - perhaps Val's targeting decision is too good?

2. Burst potential during Tag Team
We are carefully watching burst damage dealt by Valor during Tag Team, usually from casting E,attack,Q,Skystrike. We think this is probably close to balanced at present but it's definitely something I'm keeping an eye on.

This combo, as well as AA-mark-AA-E-AA-Q is pretty good burst. I play a lot of Leona, and this honestly felt like I was proccing Sunlight for free. I'm a bit worried that a Quinn + Leona lane might be completely OP.

3. Chasing sustained dps as Quinn (not as Valor)
Quinn is good at being offensive and exploiting tactical openings, either created by Harrier or emergent from normal laning play. What I want a check on is whether her sustained autoattack damage in these scenarios feels unfair (playing as or against.) Potential causes are high base MS and the Attack Speed steroid on W. Note that as Valor, I WANT you to feel very powerful chasing fleeing targets.

I think there's actually plenty of room to escape as an enemy, but the Mark-AA-E-AA combo is almost guaranteed to hit.

My responses in bold.

Wargasmic

02-14-2013

I do have two things to say after playing her.

1. Her bolts/arrows whatever seem way too big for the size of her weapon.

2. Her AD ratios are awful. I had a large amount of AD and only gained 7 or so on my e. This may have just been a visualization bug or something, just thought I should say something.

Wards win games

02-14-2013

Aweeeeesomeeeee hopping on now!