Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor PBE Feedback Prompts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volty

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Hello PBE Testers,
Quinn and Valor have just been enabled for testing! Her kit in brief:

Note: Valor is Quinn's falcon companion. He is manifested through the kit abilities including the R, Tag Team, where Valor takes Quinn's place on the battlefield for a short time.

Harrier (passive):
Valor periodically marks enemies as Vulnerable. Quinn's first attack against Vulnerable targets will deal bonus physical damage.

Blinding Assault (Q):
Valor flies out in a line, blinding and damaging all targets near the first target hit.

Heightened Senses (W):
Active: Valor reveals a large area nearby.
Passive: Quinn gains increased Attack Speed after attacking a Vulnerable target. Valor gains increased Attack Speed permanently. (Affecting Tag Team)

Vault (E):
Quinn dashes to an enemy, dealing physical damage and slowing the target's Movement Speed. Upon reaching the target, she leaps off and lands near her maximum attack range from it. Valor will immediately mark this enemy as Vulnerable.

Tag Team (R):
Valor replaces Quinn on the battlefield as a mobile melee attacker. He gains a large Movement Speed bonus when out of combat and a smaller one when in combat.
Skystrike (R2):
When ready, Quinn returns in a hail of arrows, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies, increased based on their missing health.

I am eagerly awaiting a huge tide of feedback about all aspects of her kit, animations, visual effects, sounds, and VO, based on your playtest experiences. I'm also anticipating bug reports, of course. But please here allow me to focus your attention on a couple of areas where feedback will be particularly valuable, both playing as Quinn and Valor and against them:

1. Harrier target selection and frequency

Quote:
Harrier is something I'm very interested to see your responses to. Please be as complete as possible when describing situations where Harrier was either satisfying or dissapointing. When is Harrier creating the best gameplay? When does it fall short of expectations? Please describe how it feels to play against Harrier--I expect that this mechanic does create meaningful play and counterplay for both parties in a lot of (not all) situations..

2. Burst potential during Tag Team
Quote:
We are carefully watching burst damage dealt by Valor during Tag Team, usually from casting E,attack,Q,Skystrike. We think this is probably close to balanced at present but it's definitely something I'm keeping an eye on.

3. Chasing sustained dps as Quinn (not as Valor)
Quote:
Quinn is good at being offensive and exploiting tactical openings, either created by Harrier or emergent from normal laning play. What I want a check on is whether her sustained autoattack damage in these scenarios feels unfair (playing as or against.) Potential causes are high base MS and the Attack Speed steroid on W. Note that as Valor, I WANT you to feel very powerful chasing fleeing targets.

4. Did you successfully use Vault to escape over a wall?
Quote:
My hat off to you then. Well done.

Lastly, here are the playing as tips:
  • Valor will prefer to mark enemies you attack. He also will mark minions to help you last hit.
  • Vault is powerful but must be used with caution, as enemies can attack Quinn when she strikes them. Vault can sometimes be used to cross terrain if your back is to a wall.
  • Use Tag Team for traveling very long distances quickly, for fleeing from enemies, or for chasing wounded targets.

I really emphasize that last point--Tag Team isn't a "push to win" button. It's got huge potential when used smartly, and my advice is to make sure that you're getting one of three benefits from each cast, at least:

Long-distance strategic movement
Chasing fleeing targets and finishing them off
Fleeing from pressure and reapproaching a fight from a different angle

So does this work for you? I'd love to hear your success (or failure) stories.

-Volty

Shottymaster

02-14-2013

Awesome!

Too bad I just started a game on live and the PBE login queue is going to be huge when this one is done D:

XxGLOSSxX

02-14-2013

The PBE is unavalible for me....

Monkoton

02-14-2013

sounds good also want to test out the smart ping

Daemon

02-14-2013

I don't know if you'll see this, but I have a very minor (and really easy) suggestion for the Phoenix skin: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3127651

Add the arm wraps to her legs so it looks finished opposed to the artist giving up after making the top part of the skin look so nice. It's just a texture change and I think it'd look a bit more complete.

It'd be cool if she was wearing boots (because rangers typically have thicker footwear than gold plates attached to a jumpsuit), but that'd change the model too much, probably.

Wargasmic

02-14-2013

She's still unavailable for me. :[

Faptain Teemo

02-14-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3127626

hire me

Pyronaught

02-14-2013

Awesome. Time to test Quinn and replays AT THE SAME TIME.

NotBuzzJack

02-14-2013

Are you sure giving an AD carry blind is a good idea?

Zhico

02-14-2013

Seems odd giving an ADC a melee form but i guess we'll have to see it turns out

Edit: Corki's blind was a % for the duration of the reveal so who knows how Quinn will turn out so don't get so hasty