Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I need a teacher!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FAT APE 420

02-14-2013

This isn't the first thread I've made but I'm here again because I want to get better! I'm a silver AD carry, been there since season 2. I win my lane most of the time, but that's not enough, I want to win it every time haha.

I've read many guides, watch streams on my favorite AD carries and other roles every day and try to analyse what goes through their minds. I really want to get better and I need help. I feel as if I've been at the same level for quite some time now, or improving very slowly. I have about 925 games played in normals with only 6 wins more than losses at the moment.

I don't know what to do anymore, I just want to get better and be able to carry myself to at least gold eventually.

Are any good players out there willing to play with me in normals, analyze my gameplay and tell how I could get better? I need some type of coach or teacher, preferably gold+ if it's possible.

My ranked stats as of now on lolking: Here (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31224995#ranked-stats)

My IGN: ƒeel

Slippers

02-15-2013

Hey, I'm Slippers.
I was a 1200 elo player, stuck in silver just like you were in Season 2.
But now, I'm a Platinum player who solo queued his way through the division bracket!

First of all, reading guides on websites such as MOBAfire, teamsolomid, lolking can be handy. However, you don't know these people, nor how good they are. Everyone has their own play style, and their own strategies. You could be staring at a Bronze player's guide DESIGNED for Bronze division queue's for all you know. That's why once I got a general sense of building items, I stopped reading guides (I actually had over 50 guides bookmarked, but they are all gone now.)

Also, watching streams doesn't help. Unless you are watching silver elo streams (which I assume you don't) I will bet that you are watching Gold-Platinum, maybe even Diamond streams by veteran / professional players. Watching these streams are not only a waste of time, but works like poison.
These guys know what they are doing- they know their team compositions and they know what they are going to do (split push, rush dragon, rush baron, gank, etc). However, if you aren't quite in that skillrange to figure out what they are going to do, simply following their build and playstyle doesn't work. Remember, these plays were designed for THEIR elo bracket, not yours.

Imagine an amateur looking at Michael Jordan's dunks all day. However, he's not taking into consideration that Michael plays against other professional teams, and thinking that he is better than Michael because he has more dunk shoots is nonsense.

I think the best way, is getting someone to analyze your gameplay, your style, and help you improve on it.

Feel free to add me ingame: my time zone is Mountain Standard Time (GMT - 7:00)

IGN: Slippers

FAT APE 420

02-15-2013

Quote:
Slippers:
Hey, I'm Slippers.
I was a 1200 elo player, stuck in silver just like you were in Season 2.
But now, I'm a Platinum player who solo queued his way through the division bracket!

First of all, reading guides on websites such as MOBAfire, teamsolomid, lolking can be handy. However, you don't know these people, nor how good they are. Everyone has their own play style, and their own strategies. You could be staring at a Bronze player's guide DESIGNED for Bronze division queue's for all you know. That's why once I got a general sense of building items, I stopped reading guides (I actually had over 50 guides bookmarked, but they are all gone now.)

Also, watching streams doesn't help. Unless you are watching silver elo streams (which I assume you don't) I will bet that you are watching Gold-Platinum, maybe even Diamond streams by veteran / professional players. Watching these streams are not only a waste of time, but works like poison.
These guys know what they are doing- they know their team compositions and they know what they are going to do (split push, rush dragon, rush baron, gank, etc). However, if you aren't quite in that skillrange to figure out what they are going to do, simply following their build and playstyle doesn't work. Remember, these plays were designed for THEIR elo bracket, not yours.

Imagine an amateur looking at Michael Jordan's dunks all day. However, he's not taking into consideration that Michael plays against other professional teams, and thinking that he is better than Michael because he has more dunk shoots is nonsense.

I think the best way, is getting someone to analyze your gameplay, your style, and help you improve on it.

Feel free to add me ingame: my time zone is Mountain Standard Time (GMT - 7:00)

IGN: Slippers

Thank you for replying. I'll definitely add you

FAT APE 420

02-16-2013

Bump!

Does anyone else have good tips?

Crs Skyblade

02-16-2013

Best place to look for a guide you can trust is Lolpro.com cause all their guides are made by Professional LoL players. adding on to what Slippers said about guides.