The Ashe-Teemo Debacle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVL98 Snorlax View Post

Wrong, I can and that is in fact a valid way of balancing or searching for imbalance.
In that case, why is it fair that Fiora gets the highest base AD at level one as opposed to other champions? Why is it fair that Eve gets the highest mana regen, and why is it fair that Poppy gets a passive that reduces nearly all damage by 50%?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVL98 Snorlax View Post
+1 for a very valid counter. I find difficulty in objecting to your logic to be quite honest. You have laid out your claims very well and this I appreciate highly.

I do dislike the fact that you also contradicted yourself in your own statement. You state that
then go on to compare them point to point in a manner you just claimed I should not.

I am not saying Ashe's ability to slow and kite is not incredible and well worth the 8mana per attack on the active, as well as the ability to apply the slow on her volley.

I feel it necessary to point out that in looking at Teemo's kit as a whole and in the scope of the game as you desire me to do, I see Teemo as a stay and fight type champion, a weak one but one at that. His kit is not designed to kite so I see flaws in comparing him in that light. His move quick is designed to be a chase, or quick escape from immediate danger. His raw damage output and his semi-unique ability to blind a target is what creates his ability to stay in a fight.

In regards to saying Ashe gets a free slow; This much is true of any ability. That is the point of skills-- to add a specific piece to a play-style and removing the need to buy a specific item or increasing effect from doing so. I am simply stating that the effects of one is, in gold equivalency, more effective and at less of a cost in the long run. Teemo could buy a Frozen Mallet for 3300 gold and be at an advantage over Ashe who would have to buy several different items (to match the HP and AD bonus from Frozen Mallet, and on top of that match the bonus damage from Toxic Shot) to equate to the gain Teemo achieves.
When saying you should not compare them, again reference what I bolded in my reply.

You were discrediting the situations people were throwing out and making it just about the fact that Ashe's Frost Shot costs mana while Teemo's doesn't and saying, basically, since they are both on hit abilities that they both should require some sort of cost.

My direct comparison was to the entirety of the game, while you were not doing that, or at least not presenting it, because of said bolded statements.

Your ending paragraph talks about Teemo becoming better than Ashe, essentially, once he's purchased Frozen Mallet and that is just not the case. The Slow is less than Ashe's (30% to Ashe's 35%, and 1.5 to 2 seconds).

Teemo building Frozen Mallet gains him the Slow and tankiness, but whereas Teemo is building this, Ashe is building either an Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer or Blood Thrister. All of which either do one of the following: ups her base damage, ups her crit chance, provides additional movement speed or provides life steal.

And as someone who has mained Teemo for a good several months at a time, Teemo is by no means a "stand and fight" type of Champion. He's actually best played as an Assassin and thus Frozen Mallet isn't completely ideal for him. It helps him get tankier and have a Slow, however it provides little bonus Attack Damage and does nothing for his Toxic Shot in terms of additional damage.