Need help against a team comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VerifiedApproves

02-14-2013

So.... I just played probably the most (colorful word) team possible.

Rammus
Wukong
Shaco
Teemo
Yi

All could run away, had massive dmg, and or could go invisible. It was annoying as ALL get out and I wasn't really sure how to counter such... (colorful) (colorful) (colorful). I bought an oracle's elixer, but it didnt seem to help track Wukong or shaco when they did their "shadow clone technique." I'm no doubt going to run across teams like this in the future who have no honor, and I would like to (colorful) their faces next time I see such a (colorful) composition.

I main Sona and Leona. Suggestions to what teammates could do and other in general tips would be nice. I'm level 24, but am still fairly new to the game. Thanks

The Lonely Ward

02-14-2013

You main sona ?

M1ST4K3N

02-14-2013

The worst team comp I've come across was Shen top, TF mid, Cait ADC, Nunu support, and Shaco jungle. Got 4 and 5 man ganked down bottom all game (I played support). Two global ults and a jungler with stealth is just a nasty thing to play against.

For the team comp you listed above, who went where? I'm guessing it went something like Shaco jungle, Yi mid, Wukong top, with Teemo and Rammus bot?

If that's the case, I'd recommend a lane swap so that your ADC and support went top. That bottom lane is a tough lane to gank with their disengages. By focusing teemo with your stuns (assuming you went Leona) you're shutting down the majority of their damage, but Rammus's taunt on your ADC would be greater than your stun on teemo. With the lane swap, your top would stand a chance at being fed, due to the possibility of 3 man ganks top. Plus you would get the top tower fairly quickly, especially if you went with Sona and could harass Wukong under his turret. IMO top towers are worth more than bottom towers, because it opens up more of the map around baron, making baron fakes and quick barons more viable.

As for your mid against Yi, assuming he goes AP, I'd recommend just playing safely and building MR. AP Yi falls off very hard late game, but his early game is ridiculously strong. If your mid can stay in lane and keep up with him in farm, you'll have no problem shutting him down. A perfect counter to AP Yi mid would be Galio or Veigar.

Your bot lane, with the lane swap would obviously lose. That'd be the only real downside. A safe pick with someone who knows how to farm under their tower would be the best bet, but at level 24 that's going to be hard to find.

As for countering Shaco, you'll need wards, wards, and more wards. Try to ward his jungle so that you'll know where he is at all times. If you ward deep enough, you won't even need an oracles or pink wards, because you'll see him heading to a lane before he even gets close. This will be an impossible undertaking for you as a support, since you can only be in one lane at a time, so you'll need to rely on your teammates to help with wards.

These are just my recommendations though. I'm sure someone from a higher ELO/MMR would think of some things that I didn't.

VerifiedApproves

02-14-2013

Our team compo was kind of ragtag

Maokai (jungle)
Sona (bot)
Kaz'ik (bot)
Brand (mid)
Vi (solo)

Maokai got owned early on and never had a successful gank.

They ran

Rammus (top)
Wukong (bot)
Shaco (jung)
Teemo (bot)
Yi (mid)

Yi went ad and was hitting our towers while we were dealing with all the doubles and invisible folks.

And yes Duagnoi, I main Sona. She was on the play list 3 weeks ago when i started and none of my friends played support.

M1ST4K3N

02-16-2013

In that case your Vi should have destroyed rammus. She could have built Armor pen. and harassed him out of all his cs.

The same strat applies to stopping shaco. Just ward up everywhere and you'll have no problem stopping him. If you've never looked at ward placement guides to get the most out of your wards, I highly recommend it. Even small adjustments in ward placement can take you from seeing one entry point to 3 or 4.

Brand should have destroyed AD Yi mid as well. Seeker's armguards and a haunting guise and it should have been gg mid. Whenever he saw him trying to meditate he should have just stunned him and interrupted it.

Bot lane would have still been tough but an oracles + pink wards would have shut the lane down pretty hard. Make sure you max your Q first on sona, and get some mana regen so you can just harass over and over. Teemo should have been your primary target, since Wukong is beefier. With Khazix's being an assasin type champion, he should have had no problem bursting teemo down after you harassed a bit. The oracles + pinks would have also helped open up ganks for Maokai. With his root and knock back, you guys could have rolled the lane pretty hard.

Assuming everyone came out of the laning phase fairly evenly(which I realize is rarely the case), your Vi should have Ulted shaco, then you could have followed with your ult, then you guys could just burst him down quickly. Then the rest of the focus order would go something like Yi > Teemo > Wukong > Rammus. That could change obviously depending on positioning and who was fed on their team. But generally that's what you'd want to have happen. CC as much of the DPS as possble, take down the guys who can do the most damage and escape the best first, then just clean up.

If Yi just split pushed the whole time kind of run a "spy" on him. Obviously if you're keeping up with your wards, you'll have an idea of where he's going to be. Just take advantage of the 5v4 situation in team fights, then send one person (preferably Brand) back to stop him. You should have 3-4 people pushing a lane now, which is quicker than what Yi can do alone, and you'll be playing defense. If you notice they keep sitting under their towers while he split pushes, bait them into thinking you're going to initiate from another angle in the jungle, and sneak off and kill him. Or just take other objectives and send a gank-squad-duo to kill him.

Again, this is just advice from a Season 2 Silver player. Higher ELO/MMR guys will know more than me.

SeCKS Egai

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifiedApproves View Post
Our team compo was kind of ragtag

Maokai (jungle)
Sona (bot)
Kaz'ik (bot)
Brand (mid)
Vi (solo)

Maokai got owned early on and never had a successful gank.

They ran

Rammus (top)
Wukong (bot)
Shaco (jung)
Teemo (bot)
Yi (mid)

Yi went ad and was hitting our towers while we were dealing with all the doubles and invisible folks.

And yes Duagnoi, I main Sona. She was on the play list 3 weeks ago when i started and none of my friends played support.
You should have ripped them apart during the laning phase. If someone play khaz, its expected to be top, mid or jungle.

uthaiwit

02-16-2013

my push team
1.jax + varus [top]
2.anivia [mid]
3.vi + blitzcrank [bot]