The systems faults

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantala

02-15-2013

Then you shouldn't have brought your case details into the discussion in the first place, and instead just brought in your idea and only your idea to the table. Also, I would've posted this in player behavior since this is what it entails, reforming player behavior. AFAIK, they link you to the Summoner's Code for review, Player Support in case you have questions (albeit very unsuccessful,) and they give you a link to the tribunal FAQ. Included is the ToU, but I doubt very many people will actually read this one. I agree this is not very effective, but currently it is Riot's way of doing it. Eventually people will figure it out.

So we have the voters putting in a reason. But would people accept it since it makes the emails even more automated? I think the problem is that by doing this we'd be generalizing the reasons when I'd rather have them see the specifics. Also, those emails they send are probably outdated and in need of some serious revisions for sure. Like the image for their case should just be a link without a picture to eliminate the headache of people screaming about not getting their cards. Actually telling people who were punished that they may confer with justices on the Tribunal forums instead of the Tribunal FAQ. This would have to change on a player support level also. I would like to see a quickening on the support ticket email times, but that's wishful thinking among 30+million users.

I think it would be helpful if we could have a more interactive interface that allowed us to highlight sections of the chat log as part of that reform card. Maybe not for the actual person to see, but for Riot to see what's the cause of our decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
I never once said someone was stupid however the two Shister and leo both claimed hobo was a troll and belittled whatever he had to say. This strengthens my view that there are senior members who are not suited for the job. Taking away someones voice like that is not right. If you kantala cannot see that, then how can we have a discussion? Do not take what I am saying as you cannot read or im calling anyone stupid. That is another misunderstanding.
I may have misunderstood it. Hoboslayer has a "history" with us here in the Tribunal and it's not a very pleasant one. Once in a great while I see gems come from him that are really good. Most other times, it's not good at all. As you can see, a few of us downright strongly dislike him and that probably will not change in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunjax96 View Post
If the judges had to give a reason, couldn't they just say something really simple, like, "he swore, has been banned"?
Again, that's not really helpful as I would assume that a majority of judges wouldn't list that as the reason simply because swearing isn't the bannable offense. More like "He swore and insulted others" would be a more descriptive yet short reason. Swearing alone shouldn't get you banned, swearing and insulting others should.

Domitorius

02-15-2013

Fair enough Kantala and I thank you for posting here, as it is obvious you are level headed and have strong reasoning behind your comments. I really wanted to give my opinion and move on.

With the remarks about the location of where to post this thread, i did also post on player behaviour forums however i felt it was more suited for tribunal ban inquiries as this thread title suited my issue best.

Anyway thanks again and I do hope the system can allow the accused to have a say, as it would only be fair.

gnfnrf

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxiies View Post
Anyone have statistics on how many people actually vote on a tribunal case. Each person leaving a note could potentially be quite overwhelming. Perhaps in the same way as the honour system you could get a drop down menu with icons to pick from when choosing to punish you could like pick "For negative attitude" or something? And then the top 3 reasons (with percentages) get displayed on the reform card.

Also no one will believe your ban wasn't 100% justified if you don't post your reform card. No need to post it as it doesn't seem the topic of the thread just saying.
Minimum of 20 people. Actual numbers or maximum is unknown.

Kantala

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
Fair enough Kantala and I thank you for posting here, as it is obvious you are level headed and have strong reasoning behind your comments. I really wanted to give my opinion and move on.

With the remarks about the location of where to post this thread, i did also post on player behaviour forums however i felt it was more suited for tribunal ban inquiries as this thread title suited my issue best.

Anyway thanks again and I do hope the system can allow the accused to have a say, as it would only be fair.
I must've missed that one then. I tend to only visit about once every three days, so I miss out on a lot sometimes. Just because a Red doesn't reply, doesn't mean they aren't looking at suggestions also. I do hope that this helps Riot see that their reform cards do need better clarification.