The systems faults

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinxiies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Anyone have statistics on how many people actually vote on a tribunal case. Each person leaving a note could potentially be quite overwhelming. Perhaps in the same way as the honour system you could get a drop down menu with icons to pick from when choosing to punish you could like pick "For negative attitude" or something? And then the top 3 reasons (with percentages) get displayed on the reform card.

Also no one will believe your ban wasn't 100% justified if you don't post your reform card. No need to post it as it doesn't seem the topic of the thread just saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domitorius

Junior Member

02-14-2013

Im not here to plee my case or for someone to review my case at all. I am here to just point out how i feel the system is lacking. I am a teacher and i will never hold a child back after class or anything with out a reason that they understand


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinxiies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2013

So what do you suggest? Your entire OP was pretty much spent on you talking about your case and you seemed to skim over my suggestions without commenting :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trashcanx

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
Im not here to plee my case or for someone to review my case at all. I am here to just point out how i feel the system is lacking. I am a teacher and i will never hold a child back after class or anything with out a reason that they understand
refer to my first comment, the tribunal exists of the players of league, and the players of league consist of just about every personality type. There are people there who legit try to punish/pardon as best they can, with good reason. there are others who see one little bit of negativity (a bad word) and insta punish, even if you were a well behaved player. Others simply report so they can get you banned, i mean cmon... if you ended up in the tribunal you MUST be toxic right?!?!?! zzzzz. needless to say, the people voting on the tribunal are the problem, thats it. the tribunal itself would be a fantastic idea if the internet wasnt 99% trolls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domitorius

Junior Member

02-14-2013

May not be the place either however im gonna ask it here coz theres a few decent people replying.

When is it ok to afk? ive never done it but when the score gets to 50/25 and there is no way to win and there is no enjoyment in continuing but people always say "let finish this coz you get more ip". How is it fair for the people not having fun?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
May not be the place either however im gonna ask it here coz theres a few decent people replying.

When is it ok to afk? ive never done it but when the score gets to 50/25 and there is no way to win and there is no enjoyment in continuing but people always say "let finish this coz you get more ip". How is it fair for the people not having fun?
Find enjoyment. Practice being able to escape in situations you're outmatched.

Or just talk it through with the team, and you can all afk on base, if you really want.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trashcanx

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
May not be the place either however im gonna ask it here coz theres a few decent people replying.

When is it ok to afk? ive never done it but when the score gets to 50/25 and there is no way to win and there is no enjoyment in continuing but people always say "let finish this coz you get more ip". How is it fair for the people not having fun?
honestly, its never OK to afk.. you logged in and started a game KNOWING that it could take up to an hour. leaving the game is actually very rude to your teamates. Even if its so gone its unwinnable, dont afk. If they have the excuse about IP, just explain to them that wins grant much more IP than losses, so its better for them to just surrender and requeue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinxiies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Well you'd be ruining for the people who'd like to continue playing if you leave at that point. I've been in the same situation myself but I just try my very best to keep it up until the game ends. When it reaches that extreme point it usually doesn't take too long for it to finish anyways.

As for the post above there are very few games in the tribunal that aren't convincingly toxic I skip a few games here and there and pardon every once in a while but most are close to instant punish (racial slurs first 5 minutes or repeatedly yelling a word starting with f and having double g in the middle. The few game that were false reports I've come across have all been pardoned. My only concern is that occationally some cases get pardoned that shouldn't have been. This because some people don't read all five cases. I saw one that had 2 false reports 2 questionable ones and then a 5th that was so toxic it shocked me xD These are rare too of course but I've yet to see a false report go to an actual ban or warning :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboslayer View Post

EDIT: once again... people downvoting a very respectable post... riot, can you not see what is in front of you? this guy comes to the forums with the utmost humility and posts this, and people downvote it because he was a player who was recently suspended.. rather immature of the downvoters wouldnt you say?
1 or 2 downvotes =/= People who are in these forums, occasionally/regularly, are immature

That's is like me saying 1 white person saying the N word = all white people are racist

See how bad that logic is?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trashcanx

Senior Member

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
1 or 2 downvotes =/= People who are in these forums, occasionally/regularly, are immature

That's is like me saying 1 white person saying the N word = all white people are racist

See how bad that logic is?
its called sampling. did i once say that EVERYONE is immature? no. Im just showing that those type of people exist, and they are the reason the tribunal doesnt work well