The systems faults

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domitorius

02-14-2013

This system works I assume and this is my second time receiving a punishment (first was removing my "honourable opponent and second is a 2 day ban). I understand the reason for it, and at times I can talk "****" however what is a justifiable reason to report someone?

Im not calling people names, I'm not purposely losing games, but what i am doing is using words like "****" "****" or something that would be viewed as "offensive". Now I understand this language can offend people, and im not saying "you're ****" or something that belittles others for example "00:09:53] he ****ing one shots me". I am using these words to express either my frustration in doing something wrong or communicating the way I verbally talk.

One example is when an enemy player begins to say how great he is doing. I followed this up with "you got ****ing fed" now I can some what see how my team can assume I am blaming my team but their must be a fine line with stating the truth and being rude to your team. I bring this up obviously because this was one of the reason i am banned, for a day or something.

To now go back to the tribunal system. I am questioning the systems purpose and effectiveness. Personally i would love to know why i got banned, was it me swearing? or did someone on my team or their team feel i was rude personally to them. A short reason why, paragraph or something would assist the person to know how to fix their issue.

Swearing for me shouldn't be a ban-able offence, you have the filter system, and hell i have turned on even though i swear. When someone is swearing to intimidate another, that is offensive. Also in what tribunal or law system does the accused not have a say? I choose not to report players as i feel it is game and I only play random matches not ranked, so everyone will get over it. Most wont share my view and that is fine.

So why do we report? most of the time its because of a loss, and someone took offence to something someone said. In my review one of the reports were for intentionally feeding, I can see how someone can get upset with that however a bad game does not mean someone is feeing but thats fine, thats another story and i dont care about that one.

All i want from this is for people to read and give their opinions on how the system can improve. I suggest all banned players receive a written report on why they were, also a system that allows player to defend themselves. As it stands now I obviously feel i was unjustly banned because, Yes i swore, and yes one game i had 8/15 kd and looking at chat log makes me look like a jerk because I use fowl language, but should that be a ban-able offence? Or should the content in which it is used be looked at more.
Is this system truly fair for all?

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

If you want to know why you was banned, then check your email for a email from Riot.

Check the email which is register to your account and check your inbox and spam folder for it

Then click on "View my Case" button, making sure you can see images from the email.

LittleDi

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitorius View Post
To now go back to the tribunal system. I am questioning the systems purpose and effectiveness. Personally i would love to know why i got banned, was it me swearing? or did someone on my team or their team feel i was rude personally to them. A short reason why, paragraph or something would assist the person to know how to fix their issue.
I could review it if you wish to post your reform card and give you my input on what would be a punish verdict. That is the purpose of this forum.

Domitorius

02-14-2013

The email doesnt give a reason why, it has ur case and verdict thats all.

Jinxiies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

If there's no reform card then it wasn't a tribunal ban.

Domitorius

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I could review it if you wish to post your reform card and give you my input on what would be a punish verdict. That is the purpose of this forum.
now i understand people can give their opinions and thats all your offering however you cannot tell anyone why that person or those people voted for punish, i am speaking of a more detailed system is needed.

Exploding Barrel

02-14-2013

Quote:
That reform card (your case) is meant to let you figure out the "reason why." If you need tips from people you can post the link to this forum for others to look at it.

I think most would agree with you that non-malicious swearing isn't punishable. But it's also really rare that that is the only transgression in a punished player's reform card.

Edit: Ah, I read your last paragraph a little better. Where do you suppose this write-up on the reason comes from? The voters write it? Do you really think hundreds of people's negative opinions of you included with your ban would be useful, or just add insult to injury?

BrightNooblar

02-14-2013

Quote:
Your case is the reason why. 95% of the time its fairly obvious why, if you read the case. However this forum exists for the other 5% of the time. If you'd like, you can post the link to your case, and we can break down what you did wrong, and what you need to improve on.

Quote:
i am speaking of a more detailed system is needed.
It really isn't though. Because again, 95% of the time that people come here and ask why they got banned, its really really obvious. It has basically become a safe assumption that if you can't tell by looking at your card, you're not really interested in being a positive player. Every now and then there are exceptions to that, but for the majority it goes like this

Why was I banned?
You were banned for using a lot of racial slurs
Whatever man i'm a gamer
Being a gamer doesn't make it okay to be a jackass.
Everyone is going to get banned eventually, everyone just votes punish.
Even if that was true, which it isn't, you case deserved a punish. And if you hadn't been cursing, you wouldn't have ended up in the tribunal anyways
GG RIOT TRIBUNAL BROKEN

Not terribly productive sounding, is it?

Again, there are cases that are borderline, where a little clarification and discussion will help out. However those cases are by far in the minority.

Domitorius

02-14-2013

Why should the minority suffer then? wouldnt it just be fair to have the system explain for all just to help people. Even a solution how to help the person, if you want to punish people do it but there is no reason to punish people if you do not have a way to help them.

Trashcanx

02-14-2013

if what you are saying is true (we dont have a reform card to see for ourselves) then yeah, its bullcrap... people voting on the tribunal read you say nasty words, not even directed towards anyone, and vote punish because they have terrible judgement. on the other hand if you are directing those nasty words at people, that would be seen as very negative... a reform card would be awesome for this case, if you claim to be doing what you said you are doing.

EDIT: once again... people downvoting a very respectable post... riot, can you not see what is in front of you? this guy comes to the forums with the utmost humility and posts this, and people downvote it because he was a player who was recently suspended.. rather immature of the downvoters wouldnt you say?