Is Twitch Good For ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cards and Dice

02-14-2013

Trust me. Expect to feed the first 9,001 games you play as Twitch. He has a very high skillcap, and will punish those who make a mistake. BUT, if you play him long enough, you'll start to see that he will become a motherfcking beast because of his stats, his kit, and the passive. True damage is nothing to laugh at. I was fighting a losing game one time because of an overfed Kennen, but Twitch managed to shut him down all because true damage poison went through the cocaine ball of death. When the ball ended... Expunge. He has an epic potential to win games, and you should play him. Although I recommend practicing him at bots first, just to get the feel of it.

Hetžer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sock View Post
positioning is key, he is squishy, but with someone keeping others from focusing him he can lay down some crazy damage... popping out of stealth and landing your ult on several enemies and expunging can vaporize people stupid fast. When playing with friends on skype, most peoples first reaction to being vaporized so quickly is, damn who else is getting this lag, or how the...

twitch has great early game stats, is very scary late game with 6 items, true damage poison chews through everything, if it isnt delayed his stealth can be an amazing escape, and he can tear down towers(use attack speed boost and ult to outrange towers and do a fair bit of damage, great when you are trying to split push and dont expect a team fight.).
1) you arent in skype playing in a premade of 5, if you were, you arent playing against another serious premade 5.

anyone competent wont allow twitch to get that element of surprise, your lane would be pink warded constantly. they would have an oracles elixir in a tank/bruiser inventory ready to use before they anticipate a teamfight.

if you back away for 5min because they got an orcales....well you just gave them map control to get any objective they want and they will have made up the gold "wasted" on an oracles easily.

teamfigths you show your face once, exhaust on twitch, stun/supressed/knocked up, dead,

you got horrible base stats.
no escapes
your only escape mechanic is also the only mechanic you have to get -into- a fight, you'd be committed and screwed or just not here at all and 2-3 of your team would have fallen anyways, teamfigths dont last long, a 5vs3 would kill them in 5seconds easily.

they can turn and 4-3vs 2 you guys even if you maange to take 2 down,

you are an adc, you suffer from being counter built, soon as they get armor, thorns, frozen heart, and hp, you're ****ed, like most ADC,

ut other ADC have better utility(better kiting, better reliable poke, actual CC), repositioning (ez flash, vayne tumble), better steroids.

twitch rework was nice but he still needs work, he is in no shape to be played competitively

xHeimtechZX

02-18-2013

Twitch doesn't have that much of a high skillcap :P That is....if you understand positioning and whatnot (I recommend playing Heimerdinger to learn positioning as he relies on positioning heavily). Twitch is really just autoattack majority of the time during laning and using Expunge for extra damage. He relies little on his abilities. He is very squishy though, so its usually best to save your q (stealth) to run away as it gives movement speed as well. His flask thing is used mostly for vision or slowing down an enemy running away. His ult however, is where positioning really matters. Ulting when the enemy is stacked together can rack up a whole ton of damage (Expunge when someone has maximum poison stacked or is about to die) though, opportunities like that can be rare. So, ult when you really want to burst someone close by and kill them one by one. Twitch does a lot of damage and its recommended to build attack speed, attack damage, and life steal. I find him pretty good as an adc; I hardly find pink wards something to worry about, just let them waste their gold, lawls.

fletche00

02-18-2013

I recommend you get extremely comfortable w/ ADC toons (multiple ones, and advanced strategies w/ several) before learning twitch. He can be surprising powerful if played right.

Somebody said earlier, he is good if you build a team around him. I agree w/ this, he can do ok w/o a protect team, but it will require him getting fed early so nobody can really stop him when he pops out 1v1. General rule of thumb for twitch, if you cant 1v1 atleast 3 members of their team, then you probably wont do well by end game, and will require somebody to peel for you.

Shockforce

02-18-2013

He honestly does not need the stealth in his kit but it is a bonus.

Ericxz

02-23-2013

Yes twitch is very viable. He does tons of damage with his ulti during teamfights. He is good in all phases of the game. His only weakness is that he has no form of escape and is very squishy. His invis isnt an escape since when he is hit it takes 7 seconds to cloak and since twitch is squishy he dies before 7 secs. If he is played right he can be very scary.

Shatter Shock

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRayDrazonx View Post
It seems as Twitch is overall a very good adc.

However, one thing bothers me: People say that pink wards will counter Twitch.

I'm worried that everytime I play Twitch, I'll easily get shut down if they know to buy them. How much does these wards affect my gameplay?
As long as your support is on top of warding and counter warding, you should be fine as Twitch. He can easily wreck as long as you play him properly like poking well and expunging at good opportunities. In S3 especially I hardly ever see the enemy team put down pink wards in lane, only greens. Maybe its because I'm in some kind of normal game low elo, but Twitch should be used more because of his true damage passive and hella good item synergy.

Will the Llama

05-16-2013

I can think of why people THINK twitch is bad

1. The current bot lane meta consists of these early game lane bullies (Mf, Cait, Draven) that do great in lane, but honestly don't carry that well after lane (Mf is an exception to that), but it's so hard to notice because they can do better than late game carries (Vayne, twitch, Kog, and Trist.) in lane
2.he has a high skill cap, and people run into bad twitches an build this impression that the champ is bad.
3.Barely anyone plays him, ergo everyone just assumes he's bad.

But let me tell you why he's good
1. His early game is better that the rest of the LGC's: if you have an aggressive support like Leona, you should get first blood at level 1-3
2.he snowballs the hardest out almost all of the Adc's: this forces even more pressure on the enemy adc not to make any mistakes
3.he is a multikill machine: his ult will shred through the enemy team, killing the squishes and bursting down the tanks, and his e will finish the stragglers off.

Will the Llama

05-16-2013

I forgot to add to number one that anyone who goes against the meta is usually flamed, even though I haven't gone negative in ranked with twitch yet (but I've been playing twitch since season 2, so if you get him, practice him...allot)

Splicër

05-16-2013

Twitch is by far, and most likely will always be, my favorite champion.
I've played him since his glory days in s1, his underpowered days in s2(and still carried with him then might I add) and I main him solo queue now in s3
I am by no means a pro, nor do I claim to be, I'm sadly still in bronze, but my wins and losses are tied evenly, and my wins with twitch outnumber my losses by a good bit.
is twitch a good adc? If you're willing to put the time into learning him, then yes he is excellent, but his skill cap is very high.
One thing you'll notice with twitch, is yes you can get insanely fed, and you can carry every teamfight, and you can still lose the match.
Due to being a stealth character twitch is just insanely squishy, this doesn't matter much if you know how to position yourself and have a team who knows how to protect you.
If neither one of the above apply though, you're going to have a bad time.
You also have to realize that when it comes to adc in s3, it quite honestly is the supports that make or break your lane.
You could be the best twitch in the world,but if they have a good support and yours sucks, it's not going to make a difference, you may not feed, but you will lose your lane, and you will be out farmed and their carry will surpass you.
Supports, skill, and everything else aside, the only flaw I find with twitch, is not pink wards, (if you're smart you'll learn you should never completely rely on your stealth, the move speed is more realiable than the stealth itself, plus YOU can buy an orcales too) it is his ability to cs in the current meta compared to other adc's.
If you use w and e to farm early/mid game, you give up your trade potential between both the long cd on expunge, and the huge hit to your mana pool from that combo.
In a meta where every adc and their mother has some great farming tool that barely hinders them, twitch is auto attack reliant.

(edited to add more seemed like I didnt really list any pro's :P)
Now on the plus side, twitch is honestly one of the best late game adc's I've seen. Between his Q as steroid, and his ulti, Ive yet to see a full build adc come close to wreaking the havoc a full build twitch can late game (mf does run pretty close though!).
His expunge damage early game is just an insane kill button, and at level 9 (assuming equally fed and farmed) makes draven's axes look like sorakas bananas. Not to mention the range is so big a flash wont save anyone from it.
His passive is just insanely awesome for picking up those kills you thought you wouldn't get, especially since it's true damage and now his expunge no longer removes it.
With the range on his ulti (if you position yourself correctly) you can melt a whole team with no one laying a finger on you.
Even at 0 stacks of poison his w slows a whopping 33%, and the range is so wide you can constantly save teammates, hinder anyone trying to retreat. check bushes (it reveals anyone hit with it when it hits them), or kite someone without a gap closer, with relative ease.
the attack speed steroid on his Q is just also awesome, it enables you to pick up more damage and less as than a usual carry, and not be hindered at all by doing so.
The move speed on q isn't very huge, but it does make a great difference, especially once you learn to run somewhere unpredictabley, and at level 4 of Q you can back stealthed the whole time.

Sorry for the long post and anyone who may disagree with me, just my opinion on the matter, I fell in love with twitch in s1, and have been so ever since.

P.s (this is my very first forum post, usually im a lurker but my love of twitch compels me :P)