Is Twitch Good For ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RayDrazon

02-14-2013

Looking to buy an new adc. Is Twitch good/viable?

What's his skillcap?
How well does he do in Solo Queue and Competitive team play?

Would like to know as much about him as possible. Thanks.

Please post and comment below. Thanks.

Best Zod NA

02-14-2013

Twitch is very viable.

His skillcap is quite high.

He destroys solo queue and is good in a team built to protect him.

Vinterheim

02-14-2013

I have yet to see a Twitch who doesn't feed.. then again that's the player's fault, not the champion's.

Best Zod NA

02-14-2013

Max expunge first, with a point in W at 2 to trade and a point in Q at 4 for AS buff/escape. Don't underestimate the range and damage on expunge, especially early, nobody is going to flash away from you at low health and live.

Hetžer

02-14-2013

No he's not viable imo, can he pubstomp normal queues? sure, any AD can.
can he do it competitively against equal skill level players? less likely.

Leona, Taric, Lulu are nightmares for a twitch. Twitch can only win trades on ashe and trist at early elvels in lane phase.

Ezreal, Cait and Draven flat out destroy him, coupled them with any of the 3 supports above and twitch is 3-4shotted easily,

twitch is a very offensive oriented champ, sadly the only thing that allows him to be that way is his stealth, which is easily countered by a pink ward thats easily affordable
not to mention any hard cc which currently most supports have.

Tbh if you want an agressive ADC in lane go MF or Draven, if you want one that can sit back and farm abit and poke/commit at good oppertunities, go trist/caitlyn.

Twitch is offensive but is forced to be very defensive just based on his easily countered mechanic.

dont expect to creep behind them and get a 4-6 stack expunge of against any player worth their weight in lane phase.

But if you do decide to buy him, just always go with a leona and you'd pubstomp most games

awkwardbowman

02-14-2013

Basic Overview:
His passive gives him some easy damage early in lane if you know how to poke.
His Q gives him the ability to skirt around the back and prevent being focused early in a team fight. It also gives him a nice AS steroid for a bit.
His w is great for getting some free harass. Shoot them once or twice, toss it to slow, hit then one or two more times for a full stack then E for tons of damage.
His E is a long range killer or just for additional damage before the stacks wear off. Mixed with his pasive it's a main source of damage before he gets items.
His ult is amazing in team fights since it is an overall steroid and can hit everyone on their team from long range.

His skill cap is quite high as mentioned before, partially because he relies on positioning well with his ult and because he's squishy (like most adc's). If they get anyone that can AoE reveal you have to be very careful because his only escape gets countered.

When used correctly, he's destructive. I have friends who use to laugh at him when they saw him on the other team, only to regret it later.

RayDrazon

02-14-2013

It seems as Twitch is overall a very good adc.

However, one thing bothers me: People say that pink wards will counter Twitch.

I'm worried that everytime I play Twitch, I'll easily get shut down if they know to buy them. How much does these wards affect my gameplay?

Best Zod NA

02-14-2013

Pink wards only stop you from being able to sneak up on people. That's it. You can still use your Q for the MS/AS boost whenever.

Beldaran

02-14-2013

Twitch is a great ADC. Don't be fooled by some people who say otherwise. HOWEVER, you may be frustrated the first 100 times you play him as he's a little difficult compared to most. Learn to kite the **** out of people with your stealth. Twitch is not only an ADC, but also an assassin. Positioning is key with him (as is with any ADC though).

a1sock

02-14-2013

positioning is key, he is squishy, but with someone keeping others from focusing him he can lay down some crazy damage... popping out of stealth and landing your ult on several enemies and expunging can vaporize people stupid fast. When playing with friends on skype, most peoples first reaction to being vaporized so quickly is, damn who else is getting this lag, or how the...

twitch has great early game stats, is very scary late game with 6 items, true damage poison chews through everything, if it isnt delayed his stealth can be an amazing escape, and he can tear down towers(use attack speed boost and ult to outrange towers and do a fair bit of damage, great when you are trying to split push and dont expect a team fight.).