Help me learn to carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSoScotia

02-14-2013

About 25 of my last 30 games have been 3 or 4 v 5, I don't know why, even people I'm premade with have left, and nobody has a reason. I'm convinced I'm cursed.
This of course results in people complaining their <any role> can't 1v3, my last game I was 1v5 as Graves against Xin, Volibear, Tristana, Lulu, and TF, under my tower, and my team said I'm bad because I died.
I didn't say it, but I told myself they were bad for losing their towers to minions as this happened.
>inb4 "welcome2soloQ"
I "won" some of the 1/2v5s later on (not really a full win, but taking out 2/3 for 1 isn't so bad) but I can't really keep going through that much CC.

So I have a couple questions.
1: How do I survive an early 1v5 tower dive, against several enemies my team (usually, not that it really matters) heavily fed that don't care about towers, while protecting said tower?

2: If I'm 1v3+, against a jungler my own jungler fed heavily (which seems to happen 2/3rds of the time) do I sit on my tower and pray my team does things while the enemy's distracted, or leave lane and try to be productive elsewhere?

3: I've been using Exhaust so I can shut down at least 1 fed carry, but would Cleanse be a better option to help prevent being CC locked? Thoughts?

4: Does anyone else feel that when somebody leaves a game, they should (at the least) be temporarily unable to rejoin a game for at least a brief duration? I know this happens for leaving during champion select, but I've heard it doesn't happen for leaving occurring games.

5: Everyone I've been matchmade with for a while has either left, fed, or complained they've been with people who left or fed. Is matchmaking this broken, that there's a "leaver+feeder" group to fare against a "diamond+honour ribboned" group?

Mich567

02-14-2013

Premake a 5v5 team.
Problem Solved.

NotSoScotia

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich567 View Post
Premake a 5v5 team.
Problem Solved.
I need a full 5 before I can, and I already said even some of my duo queues d/c on me, so I'm not even entirely sure that would work.
Thanks anyway.

NotSoScotia

02-14-2013

Tried jungling, except Rumble left (cuuuuuuurse) so I had to cover his lane, before that I failed smite and gave our Annie red, which yeah, I take full blame for. I had to deal with Xin, Riven, and a red buffed Kassadin while Annie ran around until she could spam surrender.
Side note, I beat Xin, with just the machete, and Riven was a meh jungler, but Kassadin hit 6 early and beat the **** out of us all.
My first thought junglers could carry the game as they roam, except I have to cover the leaver lane or give more towers away.
Thinking mid might be the way to go, and I can just try the push-gank-repeat method.

lololllolololloo

02-14-2013

dude just go zed and own them all hes so overpowered

Chronotakular

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lololllolololloo View Post
dude just go zed and own them all hes so overpowered
Are you just going to go to every thread you see and post that he is over powered? Someone is a little bit mad, I think.

NotSoScotia

02-14-2013

Played Annie, went 9/0/6, assists went to our 8/0/3 Ezzy, we roflstomped.
I think I've found my calling.

Jneu333

02-14-2013

Just take xin zhao and jungle. He can carry REALLY hard

NotSoScotia

02-14-2013

^Noted.
14/6/10, Annie against Morgana, she kind of expected everything I could throw at her so I had to try helping other lanes again.
Eventually I got a quadrakill, almost penta, but Koggy got it with his ult as he died.
Eventually, I hit full build, and found a problem, I can't get any stronger when I hit full build.
I had 317 CS that game, 47 minutes long.
As time went on I stopped getting stronger and the enemy team just became really difficult for me to deal with, between Banshee's Veils and a Bulwark to go through.
Our Warwick went 1/10/9, our Zed went 2/10/8, I might have preferred they did better, but if I go K+A vs D that's not too bad, I feel.
I was the only one on my team above 150CS (we had no support, Koggy+Zed bot) with their Thresh being the only one under 150CS, except he's Thresh, long games, assists, yeah.
I have some regrets, while my quadrakill bot did help me in lane, it also could have gone to Koggy which may have won us the game.
I tried.
In the end this thread is going from my stories QQing to my stories playing, so I think I'll drop this and bid you all a good day.

Bakery

02-14-2013

Ks your teammates, Done! JKS JKS