A Plea to fellow LoL gamers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummerBlue

02-14-2013

If you're going to try out a champion you've never played before, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE enjoy it in AI or custom games like aram. Unless you're somewhat accustomed to that particular champion you're picking, DO NOT "try it out" in pvp games, normal or ranked or draft or blind, period.

Just like many with busy lives, I don't get to play online games that much. Gaming is a part of my life, so don't tell me to give up on it. While I could play, like 3-5 games a day, I want to enjoy it. If I lose, I lose, I won't complain but "FIRST TIME playing this this champion" makes me cry.
Especially, auto-locking the newest champion and failing so hard your whole team weep... GG. Maybe you just wanna do that for lolz or to troll but other people have very limited time to play.

(If I have a premade team, I wouldn't bother posting this) Look into your heart and deep down, maybe there's a chance, for you to find yourself being a tiny bit considerate of other people.

Roflstompingz

02-14-2013

I'll probably get downvoted for saying this...

IMO "trying out" a champion in Normal Blind is perfectly fine as long as you know how the champ works.
Getting PvP experience first is the best way to do it for me.

Ex: I'm playing Vayne for the first time, but know how the champion works and how to play it. I may not make any ninja Flash-Condemn plays, but I won't feed and can do decently.

That is perfectly fine. Going on Cassiopeia and going "HERP DERP WHAT DOES NOXIOUS BLAST DO, HOW DO I PLAY CASS?" is a completely different story.

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

It should be in normal blinds if you want any real experience.
The game has 4 main buttons, it's really not that hard to pick up any champ after a couple games.

Romantic Metro

02-14-2013

I think unless it's premade or the team is being funny with their picks, going into a bot game for practice once or twice to get a feel and find a build you might like is sufficient enough for pvp. How are you gonna get any better with that champ with just bots? I always try out a champ then I take them live if I like them. Then I find one or two that I really enjoy and play them a lot. Lately it's been Zed for example. Still I like to try out other champs to round out my versatality.

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetro View Post
Lately it's been Zed for example.
Yeah, me too. My last 35 games have been autolock Zed in normal blind pick.

But hey, at least I'll play any role and I play it successfully.

BTW Metro I found the "perfect" build for me.

SummerBlue

02-14-2013

I'm talking about lovely situations like "Heyy I'm new with Twitch and Imma jungle :3 oh and I just happen to mention this 5 mins after starting the game heheh :3" OR "Imma auto lock Thresh and go bot but will take cs and KS and I'll be miles away from all the teamfights so I don't die "

If you know this champion's build, combo and role very well from watching other people play, and if you're willing to cooperate with the team and do your job/role properly, it's a gg even if you lose.

KnightxSScarlett

02-14-2013

There's nothing wrong with playing a champion for the first time in normals.

Moon Rabbit

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
There's nothing wrong with playing a champion for the first time in normals.
I agree

It helps you become better with that champ if you play against players instead because AI are pretty much herp derp

Romantic Metro

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Yeah, me too. My last 35 games have been autolock Zed in normal blind pick.

But hey, at least I'll play any role and I play it successfully.

BTW Metro I found the "perfect" build for me.
haha nice man! From what you told me it sounds sexy haha

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy Captain View Post
If you're going to try out a champion you've never played before, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE enjoy it in AI or custom games like aram. Unless you're somewhat accustomed to that particular champion you're picking, DO NOT "try it out" in pvp games, normal or ranked or draft or blind, period.

Just like many with busy lives, I don't get to play online games that much. Gaming is a part of my life, so don't tell me to give up on it. While I could play, like 3-5 games a day, I want to enjoy it. If I lose, I lose, I won't complain but "FIRST TIME playing this this champion" makes me cry.
Especially, auto-locking the newest champion and failing so hard your whole team weep... GG. Maybe you just wanna do that for lolz or to troll but other people have very limited time to play.

(If I have a premade team, I wouldn't bother posting this) Look into your heart and deep down, maybe there's a chance, for you to find yourself being a tiny bit considerate of other people.
.. I first and second timed Fiora today and went positive both games at top. (I hate top lane). Not everyone fails And I think people need the combat experience against other players.