Champion to buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malicious Leaf

02-14-2013

Ok, sorry is this is the wrong place to post this, but I wasn't really sure.

I currently have 4500 IP, and I want to buy a champion, which will be my first one. I currently plan to buy Malzahar, because during his free week, I found I really liked him and his playing styles. He seems to be underplayed as well, so that's good. But my friend, on the other hand, suggested that I look at Diana, because he though that she would very much fit me and how I like to play (AP and reasonably strong). But I though that she may be a bit confusing to play. He also suggested Zyra, which also looks interesting. but like Diana, I thought that she may be too confusing to play. I don't absolutely mind difficulty, but it seems like a good aspect about it. I do plan to try her out this weekend, along with Fiora.

Any other champions that you suggest are welcomed

Metricos

02-14-2013

I can't speak to the other champions, but Zyra is ridiculously fun. Her toolkit reminds me a bit of Orianna or Lux's. The plant spamming is great fun and a fairly quick learn. I'm by no means a master Zyra, but I enjoy her quite a bit.

Malicious Leaf

02-14-2013

Ok, thanks! I'll try her out, considering this is her free week.

LetsKillOrphans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Diana is not a very confusing champ.. In fact, she's a very straight forward champ but her combo is very dependent on the q skill shot.. You land the shot you can initiate your combo, you can escape from fights through jungle via casting q into a jungle camp and then using r to escape. Her shield also does a good amount of damage and protection so be sure you use it in fights! Her e is really given... Use it to initiate if you want, or to catch the enemy as they are running. She really just takes practice I'd say take her over Malz if you are looking for a strong(tanky) but also high ap champion. Hope this helps a bit, she is very fun.

Malicious Leaf

02-14-2013

I know this may sound weird, but I heard that Malzahar can out lane most other AP champions. What are your opinions on this?

Thraon

02-15-2013

Maybe, but there are better choices. I am no master or even a frequent player of mids but I believe that maybe Veigar, Ryze or some other mages can out dps him and poke him. Yes, he has the black hole that really pokes well but it's much easier with other champions. But if you get good with him then go for it. It's just that Malzahar seems much better for teamfights rather than laning phase.

just a thought on paper

Silver Flask

02-15-2013

In my not-so-humble opinion, you're best off going with what you know. Plus, it's not like you won't get more IP; just buy Diana after Malzahar and see how you like her.