Garen is broken?

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkipDaForeplay

Junior Member

02-02-2013

Idk, i'm not try to start any wars here. I'm just giving you guys my 2 cents.

Is it bad that every game time I lane vs a Garen, he's always pushing me behind turret, and I can't do anything because of his natural tanky-ness. I'm not an expert one what to nerf and what not, but isn't it possible they can reduce his early-game armor and/or lower his W? I mean, even with armor pen, you can't really break him. If you guys think he's fine, can someone mention someways to counter him through items?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindy Kid

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Depends on who you are. The best way to fight Garen is at range, or kite him. If Garen hasn't been hit for an X amount of seconds then he will start to regenerate a hefty bit of health, its good to constantly poke him down to make sure that he isn't regenerating. Don't over commit to that though, he just might decide to take the fight to your face. As for items to counter him....

Armor is good, obviously. He hurts but a chain vest early might let you trade properly with him.

Again, it all depends who you are in lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

02-03-2013

It's the same as playing against Singed. You counter-pick with a champion that can kite and/or harass at range. Rumble is a great champion to play against Garen as he can trade reasonably well, can kite easily, and has a ranged poke to help keep Garen's sustain down.

If you're a melee only champion then Garen will be very effective against you. Garen's biggest strength is his laning, he's not always easy to deal with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

lets see...:

health regen check
silience check
remove slows check
gain movement speed check
increased armor check
increased magic resist check
shield check
ignore unit collision check
insane physical damage everything check
insane magic damage ult check

hmm...the more you know

it took all 5 of my teammates to kill 1 Garen several ults and ignites later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
lets see...:

health regen check
remove slows check
gain movement speed check
increased armor check
increased magic resist check
shield check
ignore unit collision check
insane physical damage everything check
insane magic damage ult check

hmm...the more you know

it took all 5 of my teammates to kill 1 Garen several ults and ignites later.
that probably says more about you than garen


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
lets see...:

health regen check
remove slows check
gain movement speed check
increased armor check
increased magic resist check
shield check
ignore unit collision check
insane physical damage everything check
insane magic damage ult check

hmm...the more you know

it took all 5 of my teammates to kill 1 Garen several ults and ignites later.
To be fair, at the level you play at, you and the people you play with in general, aren't very good...sorry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
To be fair, at the level you play at, you and the people you play with in general, aren't very good...sorry.
If I remember right, he received a lot of ganks top and was fed very quickly, so by mid/late game he was a monster. I just started playing ranked yesterday I didn't just start playing league yesterday. I know how to avoid him until his shield goes on cooldown and his swinging sword is down. But i keep getting paired with at least one moron who wants to target him while his team waits or he just shreds straight through my squishy teammates.

oh and i forgot he has a huge silence


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
If I remember right, he received a lot of ganks top and was fed very quickly, so by mid/late game he was a monster. I just started playing ranked yesterday I didn't just start playing league yesterday. I know how to avoid him until his shield goes on cooldown and his swinging sword is down. But i keep getting paired with at least one moron who wants to target him while his team waits or he just shreds straight through my squishy teammates.

oh and i forgot he has a huge silence
Well then of course he is going to do well, I can carry with Heim if my jungle camps my lane. Like I said, sorry that your allies at that level don't know how to handle him, and his silence is his only CC and it isn't even hard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTopher View Post
If I remember right, he received a lot of ganks top and was fed very quickly, so by mid/late game he was a monster. I just started playing ranked yesterday I didn't just start playing league yesterday. I know how to avoid him until his shield goes on cooldown and his swinging sword is down. But i keep getting paired with at least one moron who wants to target him while his team waits or he just shreds straight through my squishy teammates.

oh and i forgot he has a huge silence
did you know his % based shield doesnt mean much till lategame?
Did you know that silence isn't a huge problem for champs who have any business being within silence range of him unless their built for casting based burst at melee range? (hi darius)
Did you know that he actually doesnt have much damage if built tanky just like every other bruiser?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Well then of course he is going to do well, I can carry with Heim if my jungle camps my lane. Like I said, sorry that your allies at that level don't know how to handle him, and his silence is his only CC and it isn't even hard.
his silence is actually does go on for a good bit, and don't forget usually teams have more than 1 player with cc, so if a player is targeted first my garen it is easy for his team to just come in on top of them while they are still silenced .

really its about his kit, he has a lot of different ways to survive, and most champs have 2 or 3 of what was listed for him so it cant just be some of my teammates, his kit has a good amount of opness.


1234511 ... 12